4/0 113HLW

Started by jkel, March 06, 2018, 02:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkel

Finally was able to work on the reel. Great write up on the 113H/114H Senator short version which helped tremendously.

Removed old grease with lacquer thinner and applied Yamaha Yamalube Marine Grade Grease. Applied ReelX to both bearings.

When I first assembled the right side assembly I wasn't able to turn the bridge(where star drag and handle mount to?) with my fingers. Something was wrong. I disassembled it and went to look at Alan's short version. Still wasn't sure of the problem. Reinstalled everything and somehow I could turn it and hear the clicking sound. What could've been the problem? Glad all is good though.  ;D

jkel

Decided to purchase the graphite frame too. Also need to find a few more screws since the original seemed too short  ???

Caranx

Reels with the outside access side plates stopped being made over 30 years ago. Penn just decided to change the design.  If the reel gets splashed or dunked, the internals will get wet anyway.
I prefer the outside access side plates myself.
Easier to reassemble, and easier to switch out the drag stack when you're out there.
Yes, I do keep a Penn wrench and spare drag washers with me all the time.