Hamma Strike Customs

Started by Tightlines667, March 06, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I stumbled accross a local facebook group, which is likely to be short lived, for Newell guys.  

This guy has some custom Tiburon frames, SS components, and NOS colored sideplates and badges, as well as handle knobs, and misc. newell parts available for sale.  

Join the group, and send him a message before his stock, and the group, is gone!

https://m.facebook.com/Hamma-Strike-Customs-1630600880511096/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

I Don't know the guy, and am not affiliated with the group.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

TEAMFISH

You sure they're still around? Last post they had was 2015

Tightlines667

No.  They may not be.  Sorry if the post is 'dated'.  It is possible he ran out of stock, and just forgot to close the FB group.

Just saw the scarce parts, and thought I would share the info.

John
Hope springs eternal

Rivverrat

Wouldn't be surprised if all that went to one buyer... Jeff

Yogi_fish808

Aloha John,
I believe Hammer strike customs was/is owned by Andre Cooper on Oahu. Most of those plates had fitment issues with the rings not fitting due to the plates being made from out of spec/old molds. I had to shave a lot of material off all the plates for reels I built from those. Pretty sure he sold most of them by now.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on March 07, 2018, 04:49:15 AM
Aloha John,
I believe Hammer strike customs was/is owned by Andre Cooper on Oahu. Most of those plates had fitment issues with the rings not fitting due to the plates being made from out of spec/old molds. I had to shave a lot of material off all the plates for reels I built from those. Pretty sure he sold most of them by now.

I was hoping you would chime in with some proper first-hand knowledge. 

I suspected they were re-cast parts.  Still a good idea, since there is definitely a market for Newell parts.

John
Hope springs eternal

Swami805

There's the rumor that the guy who owns the newell equipment has a few storage containers full of mostly colored newell plates that trickle out to keep the price up. There's a few gals on ebay selling them now and then that are affilated with him I believe. One gal has been selling a constant trickle of NIB newells on ebay for quite some time. A new gal recently popped up selling colored knobs and a few other things. The colored plates I've gotten all had to be filled a bit and there were a few issues with the bearing threads. I think it is all from the last gasp of newell after Carl Newell was no longer involved.
None of this is gospel so take it with a grain of salt. Not the quailty of the originals but not bad either. The market for the Newells is still staying strong, Glad I never developed a taste for trulines,haha
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Yogi_fish808

I've built a reel from the "NEW" batch of colored plates that have been popping up, NL500 series. These are of superior quality as far as tolerances and fitment, matching my factory NL550. They are using injectiion-molds that are still in very good shape and definitely not 3D printed as some speculated. The prices on those plates spiked ridiculously high on ebay in 2017, I saw 2 pairs of orange NL546-4.6 bare plates (just plates, nothing else) go for over $1200. Then they slowly dipped in price and somehow at the moment newell prices have dropped  I'm not sure if the colored plastic has any actual graphite,but have heard good things about their durability from other local ulua fishermen. I've heard that these are not old stock from Valley and are being made in the present, according to a friend who was in contact with the mystery owner of the Newell patent. Another rumor on the Newell facebook page is that they're planning on opening an online store with their newly manufactured plates in late 2018. I'll take this with a grain of salt....just like all rumors about resurrecting the brand.

Aloha,
Kyle

Yogi_fish808

Here's the set of NL546-4.6 plates from the "new" run a customer is having me build.These are from the same ebay seller some of you guys may have noticed.

Swami805

I think I have a set from that seller that were decent. The ones I was refering to were from a different seller and came with badges that weren't molded into the plates like P series plates. Like I said just rumors and speculation
Do what you can with that you have where you are