Shimano Triton Stardrag 3GT - standard servicing...

Started by redsetta, July 18, 2011, 08:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Any chance an incorrect clutch spring was included in the baggies?
Looking at the schematic from the TR200 post, it appears basically the same as the 3GT :-\
Good luck Ken.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Ken_D

I'll try once more today, and maybe I'll get it. akfish, posting in a prior 200G thread I posted on, suggests maybe I have a bad spring, and eccentric arm, being plastic.

Ken_D

Got it. I have left the benovelant order of CLOD.... co-operative league of dimwits.. ;D ;D..and got it OK. I was looking at it backwards, being left handed.    Bantam 1, a factory rep that posts on several reel forums, set me straight.

He advised to assemble the eccentric and the lever first, then sneak the bent end of the spring into the little hole, then work the assy to get the straight end near its notch. Loop of the spring up.

Took all of 15 seconds this way. 

redsetta

Not sure what you're implying by 'CLOD', but glad you got it sorted nontheless.

Ken_D

Ha!  unsure what a c.l.o.d. eludes to your way, but here, it's like one of my 40-watt friends, a real dim bulb.
I used it as an acronym (coperatave league of dimwits).. as a jokingly self put-down for taking forever to figure out the jack spring.

redsetta

jd944

For those who are unaware the original name of the TLD Star was Stardrag GT. The GT3 is now the TLD 1530 and the GT4 is now the TLD 2040. The parts are exactly the same. The only difference is the color of the frame.

basto

Quote from: jd944 on May 11, 2016, 12:37:41 PM
For those who are unaware the original name of the TLD Star was Stardrag GT. The GT3 is now the TLD 1530 and the GT4 is now the TLD 2040. The parts are exactly the same. The only difference is the color of the frame.

Actually there is one more difference. The GT has a black aluminium handle and the TLD has a chromed brass one.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n