Ocean City 804 NIB with cool letter

Started by 54bullseye, March 10, 2018, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

This is a neat old Ocean City # 804 - 4/0 cradle I bought from a fellow AT member "Oceanreels" a few years back. The reel and cradle are unused and original paper work is there but there is a neat letter from Ocean City Manufacturing Co. dated Nov 18th 1948 that was in response to a letter from owner who was looking for some sort of rubber butt plate for his reel. Apparently he won the cradle at the 7th International Tarpon Tournament in Tampico, Mexico. Again I really like finding out  the provenance of the reel or cradle or rod what ever it is you collect that's what makes it fun !! Also cool to see factory stationary and signatures of the factory representatives of the day.

I have bought some nice display cases from an antique shop that was closing in my area. There all glass with mirror backs and rugged glass shelves also with florescent light built in top. As I am putting stuff from up stairs to my new cellar fishing reel and rod area I am finding little things I had forgotten about because a lot of my stuff was just packed away. Hope you enjoy !!    John Taylor

Bill B

What an incredible piece.  Words escape me at the moment.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Enrico

Hi John, I'm new to this message board and I already heard you have a Nep-Tuna Cradle Assembly for a Penn 146, 100, 180 and 25.  Any chance you have doubles and would like to sell one?  Enrico

54bullseye

Hi Enrico
I do have a few. Let me look through my stuff and I will get back to you tomorrow as it will take me a while. Send me a PM with your email I will send pics tomorrow. Thanks  John Taylor

coastal_dan

Too cool John, thanks for sharing.  Very special piece that one...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

handi2

I want it..!!

Very nice. I'll have one someday.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

54bullseye

Thanks Everyone for comments !    John Taylor