16/0 Shark Tank #2

Started by Alto Mare, March 13, 2018, 02:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Sal as you know ive been putting Delrin washers under every drag star on all reels. It truly makes a big difference.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Quote from: handi2 on March 15, 2018, 11:18:56 PM
Sal as you know ive been putting Delrin washers under every drag star on all reels. It truly makes a big difference.
Yes I do Keith, I mentioned this almost 4 years ago here:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=11443.msg110694#msg110694
Some are trying it.

Don, thank you, I'm glad you've enjoyed it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Quote from: redsetta on March 15, 2018, 06:54:07 PM
I'd never seen a 16/0 drag insert - hefty!
Fantastic work Sal.
All the best, Justin

That kit is a beast.  I havent seen the insert kit tested to its full potential, and I generally warn against people trying.  But one person tried anyways.

The 10/0 and up all uses the same drag stack, but the inserts themselves are different to accommodate the different size gears. 

TongassFisher

She's a beauty!

Sal,
What is the consensus on the newer brass main gears on these big boy senators, are people experiencing failures of the brass and upgrading to the steel mains? I've read many a times here on AT that the smaller penn  reel brass mains sheer under higher drag numbers, does this translate over to these big senators 9/0 and up senators as well?

Always enjoy your posts!

Trevor

Alto Mare

Quote from: TongassFisher on March 16, 2018, 04:06:21 AM
She's a beauty!

Sal,
What is the consensus on the newer brass main gears on these big boy senators, are people experiencing failures of the brass and upgrading to the steel mains? I've read many a times here on AT that the smaller penn  reel brass mains sheer under higher drag numbers, does this translate over to these big senators 9/0 and up senators as well?

Always enjoy your posts!

Trevor

Not sure Trevor.
I have seen brass gears fail at high drag setting on smaller reels, but  haven't seen any on these 16/0 gears yet.
Comparing the steel gears to the brass, the steel are much stronger.
So, if I was building one of these Shark reels for myself, I would probably go with the steel gears.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Great job uncle sal,,,,I know how good of work you do and the captain's and crew feel in love with them on my trip  ;D smooth

STRIPER LOU

Oh ya, its sweet Sal! Nice work as usual. Man that 16/0 is a beast. Cant wait to see what benni drags up with it.

..................Lou

MDC775

Sal,
The reel came in the mail this evening.  You've defiantly exceeded my expectations with the upgrades!!  Thank You for your professionalism and attention to detail with making my Tank.

Mike.

Alto Mare

I'm glad you like it Mike...enjoy it!

Sal