lamiglas reel seat question

Started by farmer56, March 13, 2018, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

farmer  56  here , looks  like  i  will  get  two  rod  blanks  both  lamiglas   honey  fiberglass   model  #  BT 842 M   and   BT 875 S       they  are  7'  long   one  is  15-30#  and  one  is  20-40#   ....  question  is , what  brand  and  or  style  works  best  for  boat  ocean  fishing...or  do  you  need  to  know  target  fish....thanks  again  for  being  understanding  with  my  lack  of  everything.....brand  or  style  of  reel seat

thorhammer

Those are lighter so I'd probably use graphite seats with SS hoods. My preference would be a Fuji DPSM 24 mm.  PAC bay and Alps are good as well.  What reel are you using? Most reel stands in the 15-40 class will fit a 24mm or 26 seat. 

David Hall

It really does depend on your target fish. 

farmer56

thanks  thorhammer      ....reels  possible  squidder  146  jigmaster 501  penn fathom 12  star  slosh 20  diawa  cortez  squidder  and  jigmaster   classic   112h   112xn   113xn    ....  looks  like  the  disease  is  inccurable   oh  i  forgot  penn  100  155  160  9m   109   mag 10   60  49l  114xn   baja 113n    113 hn   110    111 ...   im  starting  to  sweat  ....  the  disease  is  a  curse  i  love......

bill19803

When i put together a    rod  i  follow old addage   some is  good  more is better  too much is  just  right. in the  fishing game  ya  never  know  whats gonna happen so i go  with  the  biggest  seat  that  will look   good,  that i  can  afford. A  aftco  aluminum   slip over  or   stuart  copy of that, file  the inside  with   round   file,   wash  with  alcohol  to make  sure  to get  good  bond and  use a heavy paste   epoxy to mount  it   solidly  and the  forget  any  worries.

farmer56

Swami805

If your going aluminum try an Alps. No filing, better threads, lighter weight. Should save you a few bucks too. You should be fine with a fuji graphite too for 40lb and under.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

farmer56

Swami805

Hey Farmer, I bought a bunch of 5" cork sections And I have them coming out my ears. If you're doing a cork handle on the light rod let me know and I'll send you some. Makes a real nice light wait handle but a bit more work turning and sanding. There not those thin rings so no clamping or anything. Shoot me a PM or email if you're interested. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are