PG280 Albacore Special?

Started by shokbuff, March 16, 2018, 01:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shokbuff

Hello to all at Alantani.com,

My name is Brian and I've been a long time reader of this site. Lots of info on here but alas, if it was beyond a Jigmaster I've never been too mechanically gifted!

I recently had someone climb over the gate of my home and into my storage unit where said individual stole some of my goods including reels! I don't mind the old Newells that were taken simply because I hadn't used them in so long. But the one reel I did use (and use a lot) was my 280 Albacore Special! So I realize these are highly sought after but if I could find a replacement for it, I'd be a happy camper. If not, I'll buy one of the newer reels on the market...but the fond memories of the 280 will always exist! I'm not sure what the market value of these are but I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate every but of info people take the time to contribute on this forum.

Cheers,

Brian

alantani

brian, sorry to hear that.  send a pm to randy pauly from vintage tackle and see what he has.  i'll bet he can help!

http://alantani.com/index.php?action=profile;u=13750
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

shokbuff

Thank you, Alan. Yeah, it sucks. They could've taken anything else but I have many memories with that reel. I send Randy an email.

mrwilson99

The PG 280 is one of the best hands down!
David

shokbuff

Quote from: mrwilson99 on March 16, 2018, 04:24:54 AM
The PG 280 is one of the best hands down!

Tell me about it! Haha!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: alantani on March 16, 2018, 02:21:39 AM
brian, sorry to hear that.  send a pm to randy pauly from Vintage tackle and see what he has.  i'll bet he can help!

Brian, I am sorry to say that I do not have an albacore special at the moment. I do have both the cs500 and CS 501, which are approximately the same size as your old reel.  If you scroll through some of the old Pro Gear posts I think you will find one in which Alan says that these are his favorite models. If one of those might work for you please let me know and I would be happy to send you some photos.

Thank you for giving me a shot at your business.

shokbuff

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 16, 2018, 05:21:33 AM
Quote from: alantani on March 16, 2018, 02:21:39 AM
brian, sorry to hear that.  send a pm to randy pauly from Vintage tackle and see what he has.  i'll bet he can help!

Brian, I am sorry to say that I do not have an albacore special at the moment. I do have both the cs500 and CS 501, which are approximately the same size as your old reel.  If you scroll through some of the old Pro Gear posts I think you will find one in which Alan says that these are his favorite models. If one of those might work for you please let me know and I would be happy to send you some photos.

Thank you for giving me a shot at your business.

Randy,

I just sent you a PM regarding the 501. Thanks for chiming in and trying to help. I very much appreciate it! Definitely interested in the CS501!

Brian