T3N PHOTOS. Ready to ship. Please send $. Several silver kits still available

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, March 16, 2018, 11:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Here is the first look at an assembled T3N.

A couple of assembly issues:  First, just in case this is your first time installing a Tiburon frame, it is important that you liberally grease the threads of all of the screws going into the frame.  Second, you need to use the short screws that Penn uses for the base in the top hole on each side.  If you use the long screws, they will stick out.  If you do not have any of the base screws, then you can shorten the long screws if you are handy, but be careful to not damage the threads.

If anyone needs any good used 112H side plates assemblies or complete reels, I have some.  New Tiburon handles are available for $45 including shipping.  Tiburon does not make a drag star for the 112H/Jigmaster-size sleeves.

I still have a few kits that I need to sell.  The kits consist of the 1 5/8" wide "new-style" Tiburon frame, spool and rod clamp kit.  They are $149 PayPal plus $4.94 for shipping to anywhere in the USA.  You can take a 3% discount if you pay by check or money order.  We also ship worldwide.  Please let me know if anyone wants one.

Thank you!

Randy

Reel 224

That reel looks great Randi. I will take pictures of mine when I get it.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 17, 2018, 02:51:42 AM
That reel looks great Randi. I will take pictures of mine when I get it.

Joe

Thank you Joe.  Would you like me to send you a PayPal invoice?  There's no rush on my end if you are not ready for it.

Reel 224

I'm ready for it Randy. I was ready for it as soon as you posted ;) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

tgoff

These kits are awesome! Looking forward to fishing the 112HN. Photos show spool width difference and next to a 501.

broschro

tgoff

Quote from: broschro on March 25, 2018, 09:48:53 PM
How about a picture of the handle for jigmaster /112

I used a penn power handle part number 24-56

Decker

Another instant classic!   It is great that these are built to eliminate the inner rings.   The T3N seems to be a good one for East Coast inshore.  I look forward to feeling a big bluefish or striper, or black drum, or hog tautog on this reel. 

More pics, please! ;D

kmstorm64

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 16, 2018, 11:17:41 PM
Here is the first look at an assembled T3N.

A couple of assembly issues:  First, just in case this is your first time installing a Tiburon frame, it is important that you liberally grease the threads of all of the screws going into the frame.  Second, you need to use the short screws that Penn uses for the base in the top hole on each side.  If you use the long screws, they will stick out.  If you do not have any of the base screws, then you can shorten the long screws if you are handy, but be careful to not damage the threads.

If anyone needs any good used 112H side plates assemblies or complete reels, I have some.  New Tiburon handles are available for $45 including shipping.  Tiburon does not make a drag star for the 112H/Jigmaster-size sleeves.

I still have a few kits that I need to sell.  The kits consist of the 1 5/8" wide "new-style" Tiburon frame, spool and rod clamp kit.  They are $149 PayPal plus $4.94 for shipping to anywhere in the USA.  You can take a 3% discount if you pay by check or money order.  We also ship worldwide.  Please let me know if anyone wants one.

Thank you!

Randy

Do you have any left?  If so please send me the link for your site or pay pal information. Thanks
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for your post Kevin.  I have two black kits left, and my PayPal address is rfpauly@aol.com.

Thanks again,

Randy

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: redsetta on July 13, 2018, 03:51:23 AM
They're beautiful - great work Randy

Thank you Justin, I really appreciate it, but I am sorry to say that I can't take credit for the T3XN kits because all that I did was to ask Tiburon to re-run an item that they had already designed and produced in the past.

Randy

redsetta

Quote...all that I did was to ask Tiburon to re-run an item that they had already designed and produced in the past.
...and therein lies your unique 'value proposition'  ;)
Thanks!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Decker

A pic... Even a kid can handle it!

tgoff

Fished it for what I built it for - Northern California Albacore. Worked great.