"Uncle Bill's Tiger"

Started by STRIPER LOU, March 17, 2018, 06:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Bill was looking for a knob and arm for his lady on a 16S Penn. There isn't much available for handle arms and it looked as if Tib was the only game in town!

The 1/4" square hole in the knob end of the Tib arm presented problems as it was too small to bush and not enough meat in that area to machine out and accept a larger bushing.

To take up the space of the quarter inch hole I resorted to a larger tube and shaft to accept a 1/4-20 screw. In trying to keep the handle size manageable for the young lady, the thicker tube presents a problem as a lack of meat, so to speak, is not there in the plastic. Going to a 12-24 on the front side of the knob along with an altered washer allowed for the most possible beef needed. I always use an epoxy along with a press fit but went with an aircraft grade to give it some extra snuff this time around. Size of the flanged shaft had to be altered in addition to fit within the confines of the arm.

Shown next to the Tiburon Lite knob for comparison. Diameter is similar but the length is around a half inch longer.

If you could see this knob in person, its absolutely stunning. These Acrylics are beautiful when highly polished, but they all have variations and that's where they get their character.

This particular piece has some burst's of gold which are amazing and chances are you probably couldn't duplicate It again if you tried.

Anyways, Alan's knob is over half complete and waiting for the epoxy to harden. The shaft is left to machine and then its a done deal.

I have several more orders and that's going to be it for a little while. The locals went crazy for these things this season.  Its been more work than I bargained for this winter and its time to fish, hopefully!

Uncle Bill said it was OK to post it up so lets see if you like it.

Have a great day,  ..  Lou

Rivverrat

Lou, is it possible for you to add the angle to your Tib shaped knobs ?  ... Jeff

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Another work of art Lou.  Bill's Cutie is going to love it!

bill19803

I  think  Lou took  this  project   to be a personal  challenge   but he  certainly  was  the  right   guy  for  the  job.  Cutie  loves  it,  it looks  great  and   it  will be  functional. This  will  be  6th  and  last   (ha ha)  of the  knobs  we  have  ordered    from  Lou   and  all  have   turned out  to  look  great,  work  great  and  generate  the  bling   we  were   looking   for.   Now  its   time  to  put them  to   work  and  catch   some   fish.  Between  Lou  Ted  and   Sal   you  guys have  created an   expensive   hobby   for  me.   Gotta    go  for  less  bling  more  fishing  time now.  Swordfish  beware  i've   got  your address. lol

STRIPER LOU

Thanks Randy and I appreciate you providing the arm. Its saved me the time of making one although the retrofit was a little bit of a challenge.

Jeff, where have you been Bud? Just messin with ya! These are custom made to order and each and every piece is a one up. Here's a customers at 9 degree's.

It  adds a bit to the time. An average Tbar can take 15 hrs +, 20 is not uncommon and I've done some really crazy shapes that have taken 3 days. Can they be done in less time? Probably so, but I like to think these are pretty special, way above the norm, and of  quality that is second to none.

Nick said he could have put a chain on his and given it to his wife for Christmas. These obviously are not for everyone. If your looking for PRC prices, or bang your equipment around in the rocks, or are a yaker, these more than likely would not be your best option.

The green angled went on a silver Avet and looked awesome!

Best,  ..  Lou

STRIPER LOU

Opps, Jeff

Were you talking about the angles on the ends of the knob? If so, yes to that too.

...............Lou

Reel 224

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Lou

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

Bill asked me to post this up for him. ;)
Life is Good!

broschro

bhale1

Not much I can say....how about..."AWESOME"!!!
THEY LOKK GREAT!
Brett

David Hall

Those would look so awesome on my Cal Sheets super 12, and my Baker framed Cal Sheets 20!  Damn it Lou!
Put me down for two tigers, whenever is fine.

STRIPER LOU

Bill, that is an absolutely sweet looking bunch and thanks so much for displaying my work on those beauties!

Anyone would be proud to own that group.

Dave H, you have one tiger coming. Its been such a flat out winter here workwise, I have not taken any new orders for over a month. I just need a break from the long hours.
Plus, the striped bass are coming up the coast,  ...   I can hear them! ;D

All have a great day,  ..  Lou

David Hall

Next winter then Lou, get after hose strippers.