On any Sunday Morning

Started by gstours, March 18, 2018, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Heres a clip from the past on some spring salmon fishing.  Its shown only for motivational purposes.   My boat is not yet in the water.  So its goinna be re runs for another week.   Have a great weekend.

Dominick

Gary when is the Salmon season up there?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

The sport fishing is open year around in most rural se Alaska unless fish n game close some areas by a management decision.  The king salmon here are feeders.  Meaning they are just that.  Cruising and eating.  Still growing.  They are generally scattered.   These are not mature generally and not schooled up, like river fish,  coho and dogs, and pinks , reds, school up and migrate as a run it's called.   
    As winter is waning, I'm getting ready.  Most of my friends are not interested or gimped up,  so I'm doing it alone.   Stay tuned for my first king.   It will be shown here.     Thanks Dominick.    Keep well.

David Hall

Mmmmmmm smoked salmon, my favorite.

gstours

Yes it is very good,  we brine overnight, using garlic powder, brown sugar, kosher salt, soy sauce, lots of garlic powder.  Smoke on alder wood,  sometimes willow.   Great fresh, and in chowder,dips, and spreads.    Even a wrap with lettuce, sour cream,  or cream cheese 🧀,  goes well with something that is so hard to catch.
     Fish 🐟 is good for you.    Lets go fishing 🎣

rogan

WOW, that looks fantastic.  Thanks for sharing the recipe. While I can't get fresh caught salmon here in AZ, I will be using that brine on some store bought. Bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers is the best!

The fish meals here are fried catfish, preference given to Flathead over Channel cats. I wanted to post a pic but I guess I deleted it, so I'll just show the mix I use.  Add some chef Paul Prudhomme  "seafood magic" seasoning blend and you have fast, easy fried catfish.

Ron Jones

Those are two beautiful fish. I prefer eating silvers, but you know when a king is on the line for sure.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

Yes any fish is better than no fish.   It's something we can do here.  Thanks for the fish batter pik too.   And yes capers are very good in a dip or spread,  especially with some fresh dill.  Great fishing 🎣 to all.🧜‍♂️