Weird Loch Ness-like creature washes up on Georgia beach

Started by sdlehr, March 23, 2018, 03:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

oldmanjoe

Definitely strange looking,wish the picture was a little better. 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Midway Tommy

As soon as I saw the fin, before I read the print, I thought to myself it's a shriveled up decomposing shark of some kind. Bet that's what it turns out to be.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Gfish

Man, lookin at that picture, it's real hard to believe it could be a decomposing seal, it's just not proportioned that way.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

sdlehr

Quote from: Gfish on March 23, 2018, 03:46:35 PM
Man, lookin at that picture, it's real hard to believe it could be a decomposing seal, it's just not proportioned that way.
same for a shark.... I have a hard time believing this is anything I've ever seen before....
Sid Lehr

philaroman

Quote from: sdlehr on March 23, 2018, 04:07:00 PM
Quote from: Gfish on March 23, 2018, 03:46:35 PM
same for a shark.... I have a hard time believing this is anything I've ever seen before....

X3

they've shown stuff like that before: having no bony skeleton, weird rarely seen deep-water sharks can shrivel & decompose into an ILLUSION of long neck w/ small head

Midway Tommy

It ain't Rocket Science. They'll figure it out pretty quickly and will be letting people know, I'm sure.  ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

1badf350

It's a Drama Llama is what it is. C'mon there has to be more than one freakin picture of this thing.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

David Hall

Nope just one picture and part of it is blurred out so we cannot see what it is.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Benni3

sdlehr

I think they are leaning towards this being a hoax, I don't think anyone with any knowledge was presented with this "creature" to examine it. All we have is one video with some still images taken from it. The Georgia authorities (Fish and Wildlife) apparently never got to see it, and are calling it a hoax.
Sid Lehr

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA

Lunker Larry

Must have used the same camera they use to photograph big foot
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?