beautiful morning on the water. And a few fish too...

Started by Three se7ens, March 24, 2018, 11:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Had an early morning low tide, low winds, and mild temperatures.  Perfect day for chasing reds from the kayak.  Launched just before the sun broke the horizon, and caught the first fish on my third of 4th cast.  After a good fight, I landed a 23" red drum.  Good way to start the morning, and a good fish to break in the new rod and reel.  Ended up catching two more (16" and 18") in the next hour.  By then the tide had turned, and the bite turned off too.  Tried another spot for some trout, but the water was still too low, and the wind was picking up.  So I packed up and called it a day. 

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

festus

Tiddlerbasher

Reel 224

Nice setup Adam. We are still waiting for the weather to cooperate for flounder.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Cor

Looks really nice there and a lovely "bonus" on top!
Cornelis

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Dominick

Good job.  I might change my attitude about kayaks.  They seem scary to me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

Adam i picked a few new Shimano Sahara reels. They are usually considered a low cost reel but the new C3000HG and other sizes are super nice for only $70.00. They have all bearings, no plastic bushings. X-Ship, Hagane, and all the other jargon. Super smooth reels.

Ill compare it with my Sustains when I get to use them. The Redfish and Trout are being caught around my dock.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

STRIPER LOU

Perfect morning! I'm going to hit the river this weekend.

Looks like the yakin is working out well for you. Good exercise and I doubt you could find a quieter way to approach fish!

Regard's,  ..  Lou

Benni3

Great job,,,,,,it's more difficult in a kayak,,,and nice fish finder it makes a big difference  ;D

steelfish

looks like a great day, congrats Adam

what rod and reel did you used ?
The Baja Guy