Rod holder lashing?

Started by Reel Beaker, March 25, 2018, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel Beaker

Hi Guys,

while fishing at the local pier i noticed that some people were tying some rod holders to the railings of the pier. Some were upright while others where at 90 degrees.

My guess is that we cant use a fishing knot to tie the holder..... So what kind of lashing should i use? Need something strong and uncomplicated for a beginner.

Thanks.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Swami805

Our local pier has wood railings. I use one of these and screw it into the railing. Just don't forget to keep it in free spool with the clicker on
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Reel Beaker

Quote from: Swami805 on March 25, 2018, 03:53:26 PM
Our local pier has wood railings. I use one of these and screw it into the railing. Just don't forget to keep it in free spool with the clicker on

o.o

Railings of wood..... Wouldnt the wood like rot and decay over time? But kinda nice to be able to just screw a holder on.

Swami805

There's holes in all in railings and the ranger guys ore ok with it. Screw it in when you get there and take it home when you leave. Just a big lag bolt welded on some bent steel rod. If they replace a rail I use a cordless drill on the down low for a few new holes. Holds the rod at about 60 degrees to the rail.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

pvc pipe and 2 bungee cords.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Ron Jones

Bass pro sells some fancy holders with C clamps. I've used them a lot and really like them.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Reel Beaker

Quote from: oldmanjoe on March 26, 2018, 03:49:33 AM

how did u tie the pvc pipe? And boy that is one long pipe.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Reel Beaker on March 28, 2018, 03:41:26 AM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on March 26, 2018, 03:49:33 AM

how did u tie the pvc pipe? And boy that is one long pipe.
Click on the picture look at the bottom bungee and you will see the 2 hooks-----1 on each end of the bungee .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare