Started by Florida Cracker, March 27, 2018, 06:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florida Cracker

Zebco cardinals 3 and 4.

Florida Cracker

Two 300s and a 308

bhale1

Cracker,
Very nice! I like pics of the reels spooled with line and mounted on rods! You know those baby's are still getting used😀
Brett

Florida Cracker

One of my favorites. A Shakespeare Cant Twist. It has two independent drag systems. Traditional spool drag and a rotor drag. You can use one or the other or both. I set the rotor to give line first and the spool drag set a little stiffer. I managed to keep this one in near mint condition.

Midway Tommy

Nice! That was their sole purpose, to use & catch fish!  :)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Florida Cracker

I'm constantly moving them from rod to rod and 'tinkering' with them. 80% of my arsenal is vintage. Here is most of my spinners. There are more sitting on shelves waiting their turn.

Florida Cracker

A 5000c

Florida Cracker

This one hasn't been fished in well over 30 years. I will clean it up and lube it one day soon.

Florida Cracker

Another Shakespeare. I like old Shakespears. This one I plan to trick-out one day with rotor slots. It has seen lots of use.

thorhammer

Really nice stand of outfits there. I think the newest spinner I use are Gen 1 Penn Slammers, which have been out of production for some years. My go to bass reels are vintage 5000 and 5500C's, favorite being a 1972 5500C. I still use vintage Mitchells and Penn SS's mostly.

I really like the 308 and 408's; the Tennesse handle you have there is sweet.

John

Florida Cracker

More Shakespears.

Florida Cracker

I really like the 308 and 408's; the Tennesse handle you have there is sweet.

It's about the only rod the wide foot on the 308 will fit. I try to keep the rods and reels matched to the same time frames.

Florida Cracker

Shimano MLZ 20

Florida Cracker

I recently refinished the foot and rotor on this one. It has been heavily used over the years.
I removed it from the Berkley power rod I purchased with it and put it a a new Ugly Stik Elite. (She deserved it :) )

Florida Cracker

A couple Bantams.