Accurate old stock upgrade parts, value?

Started by Gfish, March 28, 2018, 07:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Accurate side-plates, frames and spools for Penn reels. Since they are no longer manufactured, what kinda value are we talkin here?... If there's some kinda collectors value, what would be a reasonable price for say a $50 part that was for sale back when they's makin 'em?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

depends on condition of course but if you have sets of accuplates for $50 you could sell them very quickly...(to me:)

David Hall

The prices for them has doubled on the big auction site in the past year or so, used to be 100.00 a set, now they want $100.00 per plate.

day0ne

Quote from: David Hall on March 28, 2018, 10:17:30 PM
The prices for them has doubled on the big auction site in the past year or so, used to be 100.00 a set, now they want $100.00 per plate.

But do they get that price?
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

David Hall

I do not think so.  I stopped buying them and it looks
Iike everyone else has too.  I keep seeing the same plates, frames and spools.

JRD

Depends on the part and color as well as what else is available.  There are alot of user set ups that can be had cheap, and some that draw stupid prices.  If it's that last piece for a set, the sky is the limit.  A NOS handle assembly in a rare color may go for as much as a whole reel with a few scratches.  Frames go from $20 to $70 for the jiggy size and smaller.  Side plates, $50 to $250 depending.  Accurate gears $40 to $125.  Sooooo your best bet is to list them for just over the "I want to keep it" amount and see what happens.  I've seen full accurate conversions at tackle stores specializing in new gear go for $70 in great condition and beat up lumps go for $250 on eBay.

Swami805

If you're looking at ebay there's those over priced ones that are on there forever. If you look at the sold listings you can get an average that is fairly accurate I would think for ebay selling. There's a few sellers who's prices are so high I'm suprised  they ever sell anything. Part of my morning ritual is going thru the newell listings and some of them have been on there for a few years, doesn't cost anything to list it so they continue with the wishful thinking.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Quote from: David Hall on March 28, 2018, 10:17:30 PM

Kinda sounds like the JDL treasures E-bay store. Those guys are high, but you can bargin 'em down. I've offered 'em 1/2 the asking price, held firm during the offer/counter-offer phase, and gotten my price in the end.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

Quote from: JRD on March 29, 2018, 02:03:31 AM
Depends on the part and color as well as what else is available.  There are alot of user set ups that can be had cheap, and some that draw stupid prices.  If it's that last piece for a set, the sky is the limit.  A NOS handle assembly in a rare color may go for as much as a whole reel with a few scratches.  Frames go from $20 to $70 for the jiggy size and smaller.  Side plates, $50 to $250 depending.  Accurate gears $40 to $125.  Sooooo your best bet is to list them for just over the "I want to keep it" amount and see what happens.  I've seen full accurate conversions at tackle stores specializing in new gear go for $70 in great condition and beat up lumps go for $250 on eBay.

I'm not selling anything, nor am I in the market for Accurate stuff, but ya never know about the future...
If I was sellin, I probably wouldn't try ta employ some way a gettin an unfairly high price for my stuff.
Just my thing. Also, I won't try ta take advantage a someone sellin who is ignorant of the "real" higher value, either. I stop just short of informing them of what I consider the real market value of their stuff is.
I know it's just everyday supply/demand economics, but there's too much deceptive "steppin over the line " stuff goin on out there for my comfort level.