anyday at the water is a good day for me

Started by steelfish, March 28, 2018, 11:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Dominick on March 29, 2018, 03:22:18 AMI laud you for letting that gold one go.  Dominick

Some fish have more value alive and free than in a dinner plate
The Baja Guy

Swami805

Great day of fishing in a beautiful place, your'e a lucky man. those are great eating but I thonk my favorite fish from down there is huachinango (spelling). Don't know what they're called in English. thanks for the post.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

STRIPER LOU

Nice work Alex!

You look happy in your element and you'll be even happier when you eat that great catch.

..................Lou

Newell Nut

Looks like a great day and good freezer stock.

Decker

Hardy Boy

Nice job Alex. I always want to catch some Cabrillas while in Mexico but I have never managed one bigger than about 10 inches ................. there is always next time ! I hope you get your extra narrow 113H out soon and give it a work out !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Decker

Alex, it looks like you caught those grouper on plugs.  How do you rig those to get down deep?   Maybe the water is not very deep?  Trolling or casting?

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on March 29, 2018, 01:03:57 PM
......but I thonk my favorite fish from down there is huachinango (spelling). Don't know what they're called in English. thanks for the post.

guachinango is Red Snapper, for sure its a great eating but I prefer a thick fillet of grouper on the grill or on the frying pan with extra butter, garlic and olive oil.

@ HardyBoy, my plan is to put on use the 113hxn next time on the water, its plain stock internally but it wont have any problem to handle those fishes, my long term plan is to add one upgraded parts every month until having a little tank (but I keep spending on new reels and rods which dont work with that plan).

@Decker, all the fish in the pics were caught trolling deep diver plugs, different sizes, different colors, diff trolling speed, etc. on shallow waters with luck you can catch them casting irons (tady, salas, etc) or casting shallow diver plugs to the rocks but the risk to lose the lures is really high the rocks are really sticky.

The Baja Guy

Fishy247

Good job Alex! Some very nice cabrilla there. That golden is beautiful, I can understand why you would release it. Be pretty cool to get a fiberglass replica mount of one of those....As far as the wife sending you out fishing....don't you just hate it when that happens? Hahaha...Buen trabajo primo! Hopefully we can fish together someday!

-Mike

broschro

steelfish

Quote from: Fishy247 on March 29, 2018, 04:58:00 PM
..As far as the wife sending you out fishing....don't you just hate it when that happens? Hahaha..
-Mike

of course I hate it, you have to be up at 4am, plus there have been some days with rain, rough rides, too much windy, sea sickness and there have been some days with no fish at all, not a job I recommend to anyone, ever !!

you are more than welcome to help me on that job anytime  ;)
The Baja Guy

Fishy247

Quoteyou have to be up at 4am, plus there have been some days with rain, rough rides, too much windy, sea sickness and there have been some days with no fish at all, not a job I recommend to anyone, ever !!

I did it for a living for 25+ years, so I hear ya there!

As far as coming out and helping you with that work, I'd love to. We can call it "Take a Goofball to Work Day"!

Swami805

Those groupers are delicious too. Might be a case of where you're eating it and who you're eating it with. A skipper I've fished with a lot had a "secret" high spot we'd hit after tuna fishing. Just catch a few for dinner and anchor for the night. Must have been a lot of them there because one drop and we'd be done. Can't say there are any bottom dwellers there that weren't tastey
Do what you can with that you have where you are

gstours

Great fish day, and story.  Thats what you live for,  just keep livin,  Great pictures of those secret plugs too.  best of luck forever.   Glat for you. ;)