moster tarpon using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Regular rod

Started by ksong, March 30, 2018, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

Dennis Verreet landed a monster tarpon (175 lb) using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Regular rod.

"A new PB Tarpon monster for me while filming a tarpon video with BlacktipH, Tell N' Tails Charters and Davis Bennett ! Took me 1 hour to land on spin tackle. I was using my 10' Black Hole USA surf 2 regular as I'm a landbased guy and do not even have short rods for boat fishing. It was fun, but painful."
Reel: DaiwaJapan Saltiga 5000H.

Swami805

Are there any shops that sell your blanks in Southern California?  I'd like to pull on a few and see if they like them   Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ksong

Quote from: Swami805 on March 30, 2018, 06:00:05 PM
Are there any shops that sell your blanks in Southern California?  I'd like to pull on a few and see if they like them   Thanks
You can contact Bob Sands and ask 10' Black Hole Yellowtail Special rods which are the same as Cape Cod Surf II regular. If they don't have them, they can order.
You can also buy at www.jignpop.com

Swami805

Where I live is a desert for rod blanks over 8' due to shipping. Every few months I go south sometimes all the way to sqidco in San Diego to pick up 8-10 blanks for clients. Just wondering if there's a shop that carries your blanks down there so I can pull on some. Not a fan of buying blanks on the web unless I have a chance to check them out first. I'm sure it's a great product just hard to recommend a blank to someone unless I have some frame of reference

ksong

Quote from: Swami805 on March 30, 2018, 06:51:25 PM
Where I live is a desert for rod blanks over 8' due to shipping. Every few months I go south sometimes all the way to sqidco in San Diego to pick up 8-10 blanks for clients. Just wondering if there's a shop that carries your blanks down there so I can pull on some. Not a fan of buying blanks on the web unless I have a chance to check them out first. I'm sure it's a great product just hard to recommend a blank to someone unless I have some frame of reference
The blank is two-piece. Not many shops carry our Black Hole blanks in California.
Island Tackle in Carson carry a few models of our Black Hole blanks.

Here is video of 10' Black Hole Surf II regular rods for 80 lb tuna.  You can see the action of the rod.

Swami805

Thanks I'll check them out. He seems to Carry just about everything