Navarre 2018

Started by Shark Hunter, April 01, 2018, 06:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

The kids and wife are doing better. Odin and Liam having fun on the beach.
They found a playmate. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

The water is still pretty cold. About 65. With the ambient temp dropping to 50 last night, somehow Robin mustered the courage to paddle two baits out in two to three footers. My 12/0 got hit in about 20 minutes. I could definitely feel the headshake. It was a smaller one, but decent size. Somehow, he shook off. ::)
That was the only action. We called it about 2am.
My main line was chaffed up pretty good for about 4 feet. There was a 30' leader ahead of this. Those blacktips are sneaky!
That is new 100lb mono shredded.
Life is Good!

xjchad

So glad they are feeling better Daron!  Looks like fun!
Crazy how the skin of a shark can shred the mono like that!
I got tail slapped by a medium size sevengill one time and it tore up my ankle.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Army_of_One

Quote from: xjchad on April 12, 2018, 07:46:49 PM
So glad they are feeling better Daron!  Looks like fun!
Crazy how the skin of a shark can shred the mono like that!
I got tail slapped by a medium size sevengill one time and it tore up my ankle.

That's nasty!

Last time Daron was here my 9/0 with 80# got clipped pretty close to shore.  It left me with half of a spool.   I'm confident it was those butthead blacktips. >:(
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Only made one drop last night.
The waves were in close sets and Robin took a header about 70 yards out in the Surf on the way back in!
This Sharkin, can be Dangerous.
He made it back in thank god. That was some Scary stuff. :o
Life is Good!

xjchad

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 13, 2018, 06:59:09 PM
The waves were in close sets and Robin took a header about 70 yards out in the Surf on the way back in!

Yikes!  :o
That's enough to keep me casting my baits... for now at least!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Benni3

Be safe as you can,,,,hope you get one tonight  ;D

conchydong

Fishing is all about being in the right place at the right time. That is mostly out of  our control. Although I haven't met you Daron, I  can tell by the vibes you give on this site that it is more about the experience and being with the family that is most important. That is what it is all about. No matter what the outcome on catching, we know that you put in 110% effort and enjoying the vacation with the grand kids makes it all worthwhile.
Wishing you the best.

Scott

steelfish

when the adventure have a bit of dangerous are the ones that are never forgetted by the kids
you should feel proud of your son and pretty sure he feels proud of being able to helping you on that
The Baja Guy

1badf350

Hey Daron, let me know if you need to borrow any of my shark fishing gear.  ;D
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

(Thanks Decker)  ;)
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

oc1

Quote from: 1badf350 on April 14, 2018, 12:23:11 AM
Why are my pics always sideways no matter which way I hold the camera when I take a picture?
Try opening them in something like Windows Photo Viewer first and rotate them if needed.  When the picture is closed it will be saved in the correct orientation.  Some cameras have a mind of their own.
That's a big hook.
-steve

54bullseye

Why are my pics always sideways no matter which way I hold the camera when I take a picture?

You can edit them before you postem  !!

Decker

I believe the cameras all save the photos in portrait (physically, in memory, for efficiency) and if they are landscape they add an EXIF code that tells a program displaying the photo, the right way to display it.  Web page code doesn't recognize the EXIF data, so landscape is displayed as portrait.  If you open the photo on your PC, make some small change, and save, usually, the photo will be then saved with the correct physical orientation.

Here is a post about it:http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22793.0  There are some applications that will read the EXIF data of your photos on your PC, and correct the physical orientation.

I'll fix your photo now.

/Joe

P.S. Hey, how about those Sixers? ;D

Army_of_One

Quote from: xjchad on April 13, 2018, 07:52:03 PM

Yikes!  :o
That's enough to keep me casting my baits... for now at least!
It was fun, until it wasn't.  :D  I couldn't get any forward movement unless a swell or wave helped.  I caught a wave and was surfing pretty well.  Then the kayak kicked out just a little and that was all she wrote.  I got ran over by my own boat.  :-[  I had never heard of anyone getting their head hit(other than Daron mentioning it) on a kayak.  I think I'll wear a helmet now.  :-\  I just wish we could get Daron on a monster.
Another day in Paradise!