Go to fishing rigs

Started by Reel Beaker, April 01, 2018, 02:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel Beaker

Hi Guys,

Looking for some inspiration and new rigs to tie. What are your go-to fishing rigs and whar species do you target? I also have some bottle cork lying around. What do you think I can use them for?

gstours

Ive used bottle cork for homade floats,  epoxy a plastic tube in they can be tapered stacked,  and or weighted as well.   painting adds charm. ;)    Send me a big bunch of extra time.   Ive, gotten buys with the spring coming back. ???

El Pescador

Quote from: gstours on April 01, 2018, 03:59:09 PM
   Ive used bottle cork for homade floats...

And Mr. GSTours!

We all want to know from where did you obtain the bottle corks?

City Boy here!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

MarkT

My go to rig is a hook tied to the end of the line. My other rig is a dropper loop with the sinker at the bottom and the hook in the loop.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: El Pescador on April 01, 2018, 04:11:27 PM
Quote from: gstours on April 01, 2018, 03:59:09 PM
   Ive used bottle cork for homade floats...

And Mr. GSTours!

We all want to know from where did you obtain the bottle corks?

City Boy here!

Wayne

I get mine at Ace Hardware in their specialty racks in the fastener section. I use them for plugs in the butt end of Tennessee rod grips/handles. I also run a hook through them with feathers to make different sized fly rod type poppers. Dip the cork in paint sometimes, or not, it's just a matter of preference. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Bill B

In my youth, my buddy and I used to make shrimp fly rigs fo rock cod on the west coast.  That was when you could use 10 hooks, 3 lbs of lead and a 6/0 to drop 500'.  It was fun as the fish were being reeled in they would expand and start rising so you had to keep up with the rising fish and get them on the boat before the birds started poaching them off you string.  We would cut 6" of the old lawn chair webbing unwind them and use pipe cleaners to secure the 6" strings to the hooks.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!