milling a tiburon frame

Started by farmer56, March 30, 2018, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

farmer 56  here....    Question  can  you  mill  both  ends  of  a  tibuon P10  topless  frame  to  go  from   surfmaster  200  size  to  a  surfmaster  150  size  spool......  never  saw  one  and  don't  know  if  the  cutouts for  line - & - or -lightening  are  too  close  to  the  screw  holes  ....  or  did  somebody  make  a  frame  for  the  surfmaster   150  reel..... i  have  a  few  29L-150  spools  and  would  like    "tank  up "  a  surfmaster  150.....  already  did  my  surfmaster  100  &  250 narrowed to  501  size...  farmer  out

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Farmer, the Tiburon frame for the 150 Surfmaster is the P15.  They are $65 including the rod clamp kit in your choice of colors, but Tiburon ran a few with a satin dark red finish that I might be able to get for $10 less.  Let me know if you want one.  The hole pattern for the P10 is the same, so you could mill 5/32" off of each side of the P10, but I don't know how deep the screw holes are so you might need to drill and tap them deeper, which might not be so easy to do.

Thanks,

Randy

farmer56

Randy  thanks  for  the  reply...   i  was  on  the  tiburon  site  and  that  model  was  not  listed...  i  will  want  one  though     not  sure  of  color    ...  will  be  in  touch    farmer  out

Vintage Offshore Tackle

They are working on their website, so things might be hard to find for a while, but if you go to this web address, you will see the P15 frame:  http://www.tiburonfishingreels.com/squidder

farmer56

WOW   WHAT  IN  THE  WORLD  WOULD  WE  DO  WITHOUT  YOU.......   farmer  56  out

farmer56

hey  Randy    i  know  this  is  2-3 weeks  out  but  could  you  pick  up  one  of  those  P15  frames  in  black   no  spool.......also  i will  be  in  touch  about  two  other  sized  frames   from  tiburon   ......  thanks  farmer 56  out

xjchad

Randy,
Does the dark red satin one come in a 200 size?
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: farmer56 on March 31, 2018, 03:46:15 AM
hey  Randy    i  know  this  is  2-3 weeks  out  but  could  you  pick  up  one  of  those  P15  frames  in  black   no  spool.......also  i will  be  in  touch  about  two  other  sized  frames   from  tiburon   ......  thanks  farmer 56  out

I will check to make sure that they have the black P15 frame in stock on Monday Farmer and if they have it, I will order it for you6.  I am planning to go to Tiburon to pick up the extra narrow 6/0 kits during the week of 4/16, so if you might want anything else, please let me know before then.

Thank you,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: xjchad on March 31, 2018, 04:54:16 AM
Randy,

I haven't seen any in the wider size, but I will go through their old stock when I'm down there and let you know if I find one.

xjchad

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 31, 2018, 05:27:27 AM
Quote from: xjchad on March 31, 2018, 04:54:16 AM
Randy,

I haven't seen any in the wider size, but I will go through their old stock when I'm down there and let you know if I find one.

Wait, what am I thinking. I'd like that dark satin red for my squidder 140! Is that available?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The 140 frame and the 200 frame are the same.

xjchad