Torque screw driver

Started by Reel 224, April 03, 2018, 05:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Here is a good tool to have on your bench for the custom reels  100-012-250WB
FAT Wrench w/10 Bit Set

Mfr Part: 553556 It's on https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/productdetail.aspx?sid=118716&pid=56976

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

Yeh I use torque screwdrivers for small screws into alloy or graphic/plastic - it saves tears.
My goto torque drivers are Wiha for the lower ranges and Kamasa for an adjustable (up to 8Nm) driver.
In the UK/Europe they are becoming compulsory for some electrical fittings - to ensure correct tightening of connectors.

JNG3

While the FAT Wrench is ok, a better quality but comparable cost option is the Weaver inch pound torque wrench.

Gman_WC

Love my fat wrench.
I've used it on rifle rings and mounts over the years with good success.
Some high end smiths snear at the little Wheeler, but it gets the job done.
Don't forget to back it off to zero when done.
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

foakes

Thank you for sharing that driver from Brownell's, Joe —

Oftentimes, I have found the proven higher quality, but slightly more expensive tools are actually the least expensive — because they do not need to be replaced 2 or 3 times over 20 or 30 years.

We too often forget what constitutes a good value when compared to cheapest price.

The internet, plus good shipping, rating, and return policies — make us all able to wisely decide our tool purchases.

I have tools well over a 100 years old in my shops, that work as well and accurate as day one.  And other newer ones, that after trying a few times — just ended up forgotten in the back of a drawer — or if I was smart, donated to Goodwill, or tossed in the trash.

And there are more quality brands to easily compare/choose today, than ever before.

IMO.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Fred: I have many tools sold by Brownells in my tool box and I chose them for the guilty and return policy. Brownells has always stood behind there products. There are many good products on the market but I don't know of any other company that has the same policy as Browenells, except Sears and that is going out of stile of late.

As far is I'm concerned a good shop starts with good tools.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

kmstorm64

Quote from: Reel 224 on May 11, 2018, 05:32:53 PM
Fred: I have many tools sold by Brownells in my tool box and I chose them for the guilty and return policy. Brownells has always stood behind there products. There are many good products on the market but I don't know of any other company that has the same policy as Browenells, except Sears and that is going out of stile of late.

As far is I'm concerned a good shop starts with good tools.

Joe 

I fear Sears won't be around a whole lot longer.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!