Foam qtips

Started by Scattergun2570, April 07, 2018, 04:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

I saw someone her using these foam qtips...can't recall who it was..but does anyone know where to get these?

54bullseye

Google this "where to buy foam swabs" you will find plenty !!   John Taylor

bhale1

Try the make-up department at Wal-Mart.....😁
Brett

Midway Tommy

A little pricey for my blood.   ???  I think I'll just stick with cotton for reel servicing.   :o
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Scattergun2570

Quote from: Midway Tommy on April 07, 2018, 04:06:17 PM
A little pricey for my blood.   ???  I think I'll just stick with cotton for reel servicing.   :o

You don't have any issues with the cotton ripping off? When it catches on C-clips,springs etc?

Scattergun2570

Quote from: bhale1 on April 07, 2018, 02:34:17 PM
Try the make-up department at Wal-Mart.....😁
Brett

Hmmm yeah sounds like a good idea

Gfish

Quote from: Scattergun2570 on April 07, 2018, 04:06:07 AM
I saw someone her using these foam qtips...can't recall who it was..but does anyone know where to get these?

It coulda been me. The guy sellin 'em on the Island probably had 'em there for years and I bought him out. No more. They were made by Ardent( I think they make Reel Butter, etc. too)
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Scattergun2570 on April 07, 2018, 04:46:51 PM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on April 07, 2018, 04:06:17 PM

You don't have any issues with the cotton ripping off? When it catches on C-clips,springs etc?

No, I don't have a problem with that, but then I take all the reels I'm working on completely apart. There are no C-clips, springs & such still in place. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Fish-aholic

Already been mentioned but disposable foam tipped makeup brushes are cheap. Here's a 12 piece set I just ordered after Brett's suggestion. I don't know how the brushes will hold up through use but its cheap enough for a punt!  :-\

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SODIAL-Disposable-Eyebrush-Eyeshadow-Applicators/dp/B01G80IHI2/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523142742&sr=8-4&keywords=foam+makeup+brush

Scattergun2570

Quote from: Gfish on April 07, 2018, 06:09:15 PM
Quote from: Scattergun2570 on April 07, 2018, 04:06:07 AM

It coulda been me. The guy sellin 'em on the Island probably had 'em there for years and I bought him out. No more. They were made by Ardent( I think they make Reel Butter, etc. too)

Can they be washed And reused?

bhale1

Quote from: Fish-aholic on April 07, 2018, 11:18:35 PM
Already been mentioned but disposable foam tipped makeup brushes are cheap. Here's a 12 piece set I just ordered after Brett's suggestion. I don't know how the brushes will hold up through use but its cheap enough for a punt!  :-\

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SODIAL-Disposable-Eyebrush-Eyeshadow-Applicators/dp/B01G80IHI2/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523142742&sr=8-4&keywords=foam+makeup+brush

I have not use the full size brushes, but assume they would last a long time if you clean the big crud off.....
I "stole" a few from my daughters supply, and they worked good. I normally use regular cotton type swabs, but with a wooden shaft. I believe they were from a medical supply store, and you can chuck them up in a drill an polish pinions and other hard to reach areas... PM me and I'll send you some!😀
Brett

oc1

While I'm thinking about it, also try the tiny bristle brushes used for cleaning between your teeth. Not regular tooth brushes but tiny ones intended to be used instead of dental floss.  They are good for getting the gunk out of corners and holes.... on reels I mean.
-steve

Tiddlerbasher

Gfish

Anyone godda line on tiny wire brushes? Like smaller than the one I get from the auto. parts store.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

bluefish69

I had some wire brushes for cleaning 1/4" OD Copper Tube when I worked. I didn't know the price. I just placed a order for parts & they appeared. You should be able to get them from local A C Supply house.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.