Main Menu

Jeepers Creaper

Started by David Hall, April 08, 2018, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Whoever it was that came up with this recipe.  Should be charged with assault.
My son brought this over yesterday and I had to try it.  Tasted really good, a mild teriyaki flavour, nice moist jerk, not hard chewing, a good cut of beef, and then the creep, and after finishing off a nice piece, the burn grew, and grew, and grew, My mouth is still burning.

thorhammer

hahahahahah The Carolina Reaper....yup.

festus

Glad you warned us.   :D  I'll stay away from that one.  We haven't made any jerky in a while, have done it in both the dehydrator and the smoker with homemade marinade.  Ghost peppers are about as hot as I can handle, really prefer something a little milder, such as habanero, fatalii, or Caribbean Red.  We grew Reapers one year, to me they had no flavor at all, only PAIN.  ::)

Ain't really nothing to take the pain away from pepper parchment, milk or ice cream doesn't work.  :(

Big Tim

Well David I told ya the only thing 63 gets ya is a discount at Denny's, but I guess I forgot the reaper burn? Enjoy  ;D

Tim

David Hall

I want to be smart when I grow up.

ChileRelleno

Sounds great, just send the rest of the bag to me.  ;D

I'm gonna have to find some of that to try.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I can send you more of the real thing John, since you still haven't learned. ;)

Life is Good!

David Hall

I remember when you did that video.  That scared me!

Aiala

Amazing... and it turns out that Mr. Ed Currie, who bred the Carolina Reaper, has already cultivated a demonic thing called "Pepper X", which is twice as hot as the Reaper!  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_X

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

that's just uncalled for.....

ChileRelleno

Pepper X?  Bring it on.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Quote from: David Hall on April 17, 2018, 05:35:39 AM
I remember when you did that video.  That scared me!
There isn't much that scares me, but I've a healthy respect for the things that should.
Ragnar Benson:

Dominick

Quote from: ChileRelleno on April 17, 2018, 03:28:20 PM
Pepper X?  Bring it on.

The man's a glutton for punishment.  If you are going to try a pepper x i want to see another video.  Man I hurt for you in that video.  Well there you have the challenge.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

More Pepper X info: https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/news/pepper-x-latest-news-and-information

Apparently, consuming one of these thermite bombs --if they eventually become available-- would be a form of pepper Russian Roulette; it just might kill you. Still, if Chili ever gets to eat one, I wanna see the video, too! ::)  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

David Hall

While I'd like to see the video too, I'm gonna come right out and say it.
Don't do it!