Never been used 180

Started by Petah, April 09, 2018, 05:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petah

Just won this reel on E-Bay. Original box, reel is in prisitine condition, NEVER been used!!!
Wondering what you guys think, fish it or display it? I'm not one for collecting and displaying (I like to fish 'em)
so, if anyone wants this for a collection let me know what you have in trade. It does have the metal spool and a
nice bright shiny steel main gear which really makes me want to fish it!!! What to do?????
!!!! Look at the price tag on the lower right!!!!
How long ago was this put on a shelf?????
Peter

thorhammer

I'd probably leave that one clean since you have the old style box. Plenty of those to around to fish with.

xjchad

Quote from: thorhammer on April 09, 2018, 10:35:59 AM
I'd probably leave that one clean since you have the old style box. Plenty of those to around to fish with.

X2!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

WestCoast Transplant

Shelf Queen! Plenty beat up 180s to be had.
The best place to be is outdoors

David Hall

If not now it will make a great addition to a serious collection.  I'd hate to see this one fished and I'm not a collector.
Excellent trade material.

Petah

OK. Decided to shelf it!!! It is really shiny!!!!
Offer still stands to anyone that wants it for a collection!!!

Peter

Gfish

If that puppy has never had line on it, you might be able to get a healthy price for it. Plus'ed be if it had papers, lube & wrench to go along with the box. Age?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

They changed to that box style about 1960, if the catalogs in there you could nail it down. Hard to find them in pristine condition like that
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Petah

Lube and wrench but no papers/catalog!!!!
Wonder if I could get replacement papers/manual??

Peter