Second Black Walnut Tackle Box for Colorado

Started by mmayo, April 10, 2018, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

I am fortunate to have finished another Series 7 tackle box headed for an owner in Colorado.  I like the grain I found this time.

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

David Hall

Absolutely gorgeous Mark.  I never get tired of looking at your joinery.

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

scrinch

Wow, that's gorgeous!  How much does the finished product weigh?

Tiddlerbasher

Swami805

Simply beautiful, the grain on that one panel is exceptional. incredible craftsmanship.
We throw so much wood thru our wood chippers, wish I could get it from log to that.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mmayo

Quote from: scrinch on April 11, 2018, 04:14:27 AM
Wow, that's gorgeous!  How much does the finished product weigh?

It weighs about 20 pounds. My experience shows that the stuff inside weighs far more, but I carry it for seconds per trip.

Gobi King

Wow, outstanding!

Tell us more about the finish please.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oldmanjoe

I would like to know were you get your hardware  from ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Reel 224

Mark: After I get our boat in the water, I'LL be wanting a box like that for myself to keep on board.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

happyhooker

Outta sight--that wood grain is just crazy.

Frank

Dominick

Mark I am overwhelmed by the beauty and workmanship of that box.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mmayo

Quote from: oldmanjoe on April 12, 2018, 12:04:30 AM
  I would like to know were you get your hardware  from ?

The SS piano hinge is from Amazon as are the stainless tubes.  The eye bolts, t nuts, and various screws is from Albany Fasteners.  The hasps and eye straps are from EBay.  The hasps are called spring hasps and take a while to arrive from China, but very nice if installed well.  Best of luck!

Ron Jones

People pay a lot of money for wood like that in a gunstock. The way you ran that knot around the side is out of this world. I've seen people book match 8 pieces of wood in a circular pattern to get the effect that you got in one board on the top.

Spectacular, as always.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"