Accurate Penn 99 Albacore Specials full conversion value??

Started by suitekids, April 13, 2018, 02:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suitekids

Hi guys, I have a matched set of Accurate full conversion Penn 99 reels, I was curious to know the value of each just for insurance purposes, here are the specs for each, they are both gold Albacore Specials:

Accurate accuplates
Accurate accuframes
Accurate round knob (gold) with black rubber end cap (installed)
Accurate reel clamp (gold)
Accurate spool (gold)
Genuine Accurate gear and pinion 5:1
Alan Tani  SS gear sleeve
Dawns carbon fiber drags and ss washers
Stainless dogs

The plates and frames were used when I got them but in very good shape, have done the AT rebuild and the drag system is greased using Cals
I did these about 5 years ago and have NOT been fished since, In the drawer collecting minor scratches, All internals are new and unused, Any opinions are welcomed......thanks Dan

Swami805

Go on eBay and look up all those parts at the listed price add them up and that's your insurance value. On a good day you could get maybe $200 at the high end if you're selling it.  Insurance value is different
Do what you can with that you have where you are

suitekids

At 2 hundred, I would give them away as presents first, but thanks for the info

Ron Jones

I'm pretty certain you could do a bit better than $200 if you parted out the whole reel. Not much more, maybe $250.00. Insurance goes off of replacement value and you can't get those parts from accurate any more. I would recommend pricing out new parts from Tib etc. to build the reels and go with that value. I doubt it would impact your premium and you would end up with a little more money to effect replacement.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

suitekids

I'm sure you are right...I just could not bring myself to bust up the reels for money, they are part of a collection of many Accurate conversions I have, I suspect it's best to put them out to sea and work them like I stole them, atleast they will be bullet proof and reliable. My kids and grandkids will have a ball down the road.

Swami805

Meant no disrespect or anything, great reels,just don't get the money for them these days. If you had to buy parts to build one it would cost twice that easy. A lot of accurate fans (me included) on here would love to see some pictures of your collection if you get a minute
Do what you can with that you have where you are

suitekids

I cant seem to load pictures here for some reason, or better said: I don't know how...lol,, I never took anything anybody said here as disrespectful
this is a great forum, all the peeps are cool