A new star ⭐️ is born

Started by gstours, April 17, 2018, 04:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

I was wondering can you braze some length and thickness to the stock star , after sanding some chrome off ..         Joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

gstours

Thanks for the great question mr Joe.   Yes that is possible butt I want a 3 or eventually a 3/14 inch star 🌟 and thought the hybrid might be the way.  I,m liking the Sal Star after using it on my boat 🚣‍♀️. 
  The width and diameter is very notable when drag pressure gets towards lots of and or extreme.
      It's fun to use these hot rod reels with spectra line and a fish waay bigger than you 🤞

Shark Hunter

Great work on that star Gary.
Holy Cow! You have some skills my man. :o
Impressive. ;)
Life is Good!

swill88

thanks for the inspiration Gary!

steve

gstours

Another project in the work this winter was a freespool lever alternative.  It's not really worth the time.  Butt costs no money.   My good wife often asks, "can't you ever leave things alone "??

gstours

I'm not sure that this is worth the time.   Modern people say that time is money 💰. To me it's therapeutic to not have to have a 📺 tv in my face.

Rothmar2

Orrr Gary!!!

Have only just seen this for the first time. Outstanding work! For years I was wondering and waiting to see if Adam or one of the other aftermarket part producers would take on the buttress thread of the larger Penn sleeves, and come up with some fresh designs for stars. My 6/0 thread might get bumped again soon. Very inspired!

oldmanjoe

Quote from: gstours on April 29, 2018, 03:28:55 AM
I'm not sure that this is worth the time.   Modern people say that time is money 💰. To me it's therapeutic to not have to have a 📺 tv in my face.
It what`s  makes us happy ...  Hopefully they don`t need gray hair to understand ..   Shop time is leisure time for a tinker...        joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare