Main Menu

Lure drying wheel

Started by Eddie Hernandez, April 16, 2018, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Hernandez

Hi All just-made a few of inexpensive wheels to spin lures as they dry, I purchased the foam wheels at dollar tree (2 for $1),wooden skewers(10 for $1.00),alligator clips 60 pieces for $7.00 on ebay. I wrapped the clips on the wooden skewers using braid and epoxy and glued them into the foam. I  cut a hole in the center of the foam and ran it down an old blank, when needed i can load 4 to 5 of these wheels on the blank. I use a rod wrapper/dryer to spin the blank. Still trying to develop a wheel to spin heavy bucktails 2 ounce and up....

Bill B

Looks good brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Eddie Hernandez

Fishy247

I like your idea!

Quote[/Still trying to develop a wheel to spin heavy bucktails 2 ounce and up....quote]

How about using plywood? Just cut a piece into a wheel and use chopsticks instead of skewers. Drill holes for the chopsticks to fit into and epoxy in place. for attaching the wheel to the blank to spin, cut a hole in the center of the plywood that is a little bigger than the blank, then epoxy some foam on it. You can then slide it on the blank like your all-foam ones. I'd think that it would grip the blank just fine, provided you have a balanced load....

-Mike

Eddie Hernandez

It will deff work the only issue is finding a way to hold those 2 ounce plus bucktails , the clips i have are not strong enough to hold them in place as they spin.

shermanemma

Hello,

If you visit the 29-minute mark of the video you arrive at when you follow this link (), you will see a homemade lure-drying wheel that just might cure your ills (pun intended).

I highly recommend watching the entire video (of a master lure builder, James Lanfear of Jim's Lures fame).

Enjoy!

Eddie Hernandez

very kool video!!!!! thanks for sharing!