Rippin Lips Rod

Started by sharkman, April 16, 2018, 08:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Anyone had any experience with Rippin Lips Catfish rod.  The rod looks amazing.

Rivverrat

Yes I have used them. While not the rods I personally use all the time. For the money they are fine rods. I like St. Croix Rods. However I am not happy with their MoJo Cat series. There are a couple of Rippin Lips rods I would take over St. Croix's MoJo Cat.

All who I know useing the Rippin Lips rods like them seemingly with out fault.

I'm very picky about the rods I use for my cat fishing. Not every one has the money or desire to spend what I have on their gear. Catfish have & will continue to be caught on lesser gear than I use. However the tactics I use require one to be a bit more active than simply tossing out a bait & waiting. My arms feel better at the end of a trip with my gear vs other stuff.

Put your hands on all gear your interested in & bend it, test it  prior to buying when possible. Dont let my thoughts or any one else's keep you from purchasing a rod or reel you like & believe will work for you... Lord knows I've bought some real stinkers over the years... Jeff  

sharkman

Thanks Jeff I totally agree. I have bought good and bad at all price ranges.

thorhammer

That's some good advice, Jeff. A Zebco 33 has its place as much as a UC rod, taking all factors into consideration...recreational anglers occasionally ask me to build them a custom bass rod...usually i tell them there are hundreds of serviceable ones for less than a hundred or less than 50 bucks for your average guy, and I'm not building anything in that price range. Some of my most used are BPS Graphite Plus that I bought when they were $29 ($39 now)...while Loomis and St Croix stay home. What you are comfortable and confident in, and this goes for baits, will keep you fishing longer and more attentive. my 0.02.

John