Stella 2500 FD - does anyone have a photo of these parts from a tutorial?

Started by Jon_Kol, April 21, 2018, 04:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Hi guys!

I'm working on a Stella 2500 FD, and I'm starting to think that the reel has either been opened by someone else before me, and/or there's a part missing.

If you look at the attached picture marked with arrows - there's no way that the screw, which is suppose to fasten the lid on the "back" of the reel, is even close to that part. I can't for the life of me understand how this construction is suppose to work - unless there's a part missing.

The reel was in a state when it was handed to me, and I thought that the lid was stuck due to all the dried up salt along the edges. I'm now starting to think that the lid might have been glued onto the reel body, by someone who looked at this reel before me.

Do any of you have a photo which shows the parts in mention? If there's a part missing, it has got to be from inside part #11587. Either that, or the screw and/or the tip of the lid is broken (which I can't find any evidence of).

If someone can help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Jon_Kol

exp2000

Quote from: Jon_Kol on April 21, 2018, 05:09:17 PM
Oh my, nevermind... I suddenly "got" how it's done. *facepalm* :D

Lol.

It's a crazy setup alright. Also very weak and prone to breakage.

Recently worked on a STLSW_5000XG and found some pretty disturbing quality control issues:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KimberleyRodandReel/permalink/1663115717102834/
~

Gfish

Yeah,  I got a stratic(fj model). The purple & red arrows look like they're pointing at the anti-reverse on/off actuator? I busted the lid on mine cause I couldn't get the thing off, then had to glue the 2 halfs together. Stupid little hidden screws! Shimano's are complicated. Too many parts for me, some cheap plastic ones that break. When everything's good, the stratic's are a great reel. One thing that bothers me, but hasn't been a problem yet, is the plastic composite rotor, where the "arms" flex under a load, even when I squeeze them between my fingers.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

handi2

I believe you are talking about that screw that has to be removed to get the body apart. The head of the screw is accessed on top of the body by removing the plug. Part #RD11608.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

exp2000

That's the one  :D