Sears Roebuck 410 spinning reels

Started by bhale1, April 21, 2018, 06:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhale1

Ohana,
just a few pics of a couple of reels I picked up locally for 15$.
I didn't really need them, but what can I say, just like taking stuff apart and playing sometimes ;D
The reels, two Sears Roebuck 410's. Model numbers...779-31317, and 779-31318....
"engineered &developed in USA---manufactured in Korea"...
this is not a tutorial, just a few pics I took (and not good ones at that :o)

Pretty basic design, with only one thick felt washer...I just cleaned and re-oiled, and lapped the washer a bit

I really liked the spool, very robust, and metal.
Tried to smooth it out a bit by lapping the oscillation slider...helped a bit, but fresh grease helped more ;D

They actually cleaned up nicely, and seem to have very smooth drag (have not fished them yet)....size comparison, Mitchell 300 on the left, 410, 410, Mitchell308 on the right

and another by a Penn 550 SS

They are nothing fancy, but for a few bucks, they entertained me for a few days off and on, and kept me out of trouble! Plus, its helps with the learning...at least that's what I tell myself. sorry for the poor quality pics
Brett

Alto Mare

You did good Brett, those are nice reels.
I grabbed a larger one a few years back and was really impressed .
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=8755.msg77716#msg77716
I gave this one to my brother. He fishes Santo Domingo 2-3 months a year and needed something simple that would hold up.
These are built like tanks.
I also gave him a Dam 270 and a CrAck 300...also simple and built like a tanks. He should do just fine for a while.
I like those so much that I picked one up in newcondition for a couiple of bucks

great reels!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

moondog371

I have a 410 myself . I really don't know where or how I got it to be honest. I took it apart and lubed it. what I great little reel! thanks for posting!

basto

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

handi2

I believe they were all made in the same place. Ive seen so many different models but they were all the same design. Very strong reels with not much to go wrong.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL