Side plate screw and bridge plate screw

Started by franky, July 26, 2011, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franky

I have a Newell P546 reel that needs replacement sideplate screws and a bridgeplate screw. 

Are these screws something that Home Depot carries?  or is it something that ONLY NEWELL makes?  :-\

rodent

Franky, you might try "Hawaii nut and bolts" in mapunapuna area, they have a huge selection.  Went there for some graded bolts and they have a huge inventory.  They probably can match the material and grade of the screws that you may need, quite knowledgeable staff, good luck.

Brian A

i would just go to Brian's Fishing.  save the headache.  aloha

franky

Thanks guys.  I'll look into Hawaii nut and bolts.  If the cost difference is significant, I'll be going that route and order several bolts.  If not, yes, I'll check out Brians.

Aloha,

alantani

i will be back in a week.  if you can't find what you need by then, let me know and i will see what i have in inventory.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Good/safe fishing Alan,enjoy your break. Look forward to your report.

franky

Ratchet

Any luck in finding these stainless steel screws other than getting them through Newell?  I once tried to source them because I prefer screws with a flat blade slot verses philip head.  As I recall, these are special order screws, the threads are common enough but we need the one size smaller heads.  I still want to get a bunch of frame screws but not a thousand.

The frames call for 5-40 Oval head screws.
The bridge need 6-40 Fillister heads
and the rod clamp needs 8-32 Fillister heads

franky

Hello Ratchet,

Yes, I was able to get a few from Brians Fishing Supply.  They had some available.

Ratchet

Thanks Franky.  I was hoping to save a few bucks swapping out the frame screws. At over a dozen screws per reel, it gets pricey when you need about a 100 screws.  Anyway, good fishing.