Curado 70HG

Started by Pescador4ever, April 22, 2018, 11:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pescador4ever

How the heck do you remove the left side plate for a Curado 70HG? There's a switch underneath that says "Open", but then what? The older ones had the dial that you turn and the plate pops out, but this one is not working that way. Every video I have seen you simply flip the switch and it comes off. Does make sense to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Eric

oc1

Move the switch to 'open' then turn the side plate.  Looking at the tail plate from the side you would turn it counter-clockwise.  They can get REALLY stiff and hard to turn with age and there is not much to grab on to.  Once I had to resort to wrapping the side plate with a rag and turning it with a pair of channel lock pliers.  No amount of grease will make it easier to turn next time.  I think that over time the plastic composite side plate swells just enough to make it difficult.  It's a design flaw for sure.
-steve

Pescador4ever

Steve,

You're awesome. I was on the verge of having a grown man temper tantrum the other day. Flipped switch to open, twist counter clockwise and just like magic it popped off. Thanks for the assist!

Eric

handi2

With your finger rub a little synthetic grease on the grooves of the cover. It will help.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL