suzuki (Japanese seabass) using 10' Black Hole Suzuki rod in Korea

Started by ksong, April 22, 2018, 11:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

I fished three days on islands off Jeju Island in Korea just for Suzuki on lures.  I fished 22 hours for three days and I got the only Suzuki on the last day.
It was a hard work by casting after casting, the reward was huge as this was my first Suzuki on lure.
I never got tires by casting as the 10' Black Hole Suzuki rod/IRT 300 reel filled with 20 lb braid and 15 lb mono leader was so light.  But my leg was hurting as I had to stand to cast for a long time.
it was very enjoyable trip though I had only one Suzuki.
I will visit there again for Suzuki in summer when Suzuki fishing is hot.
I used mainly 19.2g (0.64 oz) Calypso 130F and FCL LABO sinking lure  and I got the Suzuki on FCL LABO lure on the last day.

Ron Jones

Persistence pays off.
Its not supposed to be easy.
I hope you enjoyed that meal.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Benni3

Nice fish,,,,the 10ft susuki is a fun rod to catch fish on,,,casting distance is great and it has power;D

steelfish

awesome views, thanks for post them

so, finally know where the rod took the name, that would be a great rod to cast for corvinas (sea bass) and triggerfish, light and poweful.

right now Im using a 9.6ft fenwick HMX steelhead rod, pretty light, cast 1oz lures a mile, its moderate action so, kind of parabolic wich help to fight the fish with the rod action and not your back, but of course I would use a suzuki anytime, just need to have the funds to get it  ;D

The Baja Guy