Ever walk into your reel repair shop and find.......

Started by FishDad, April 22, 2018, 09:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishDad

.....your wife standing there looking at your workbench, hands on her hips, and she asks you - "are these my measuring spoons & if so, what is that in them?"......My answer - uhhhhhhhhhh, how did those get there? This really happened Friday night, & after a quick run to the closest store, she has a brand new set & a promise from me to never touch her measuring spoons again. No promises were asked for, or made, about other kitchen utensils. ;D  Want to add one?

Dennis

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

mizmo67

Tsk Tsk!

If you needed it you should have hit the dollar store or something.

Replacing it was very wise :)

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Alto Mare

:D...
Been there a couple of times, the last time I got clever, she had a stainless steel colander that fit perfect in my 5 gallon bucket to soak my parts.
I took a chance and snapped one of the handle off, when she came home, I mentioned we couldn't use this anymore, maybe you should buy another... she agreed ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

oldmanjoe

???  Measuring spoons , colanders  wait and see what happens when she see her toothbrush in the shop... ::)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

handi2

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 22, 2018, 10:08:32 PM
Been there a couple of times, the last time I got clever, she had a stainless steel colander that fit perfect in my 5 gallon bucket to soak my parts.
I took a chance and snapped one of the handle off, when she came home, I mentioned we couldn't use this anymore, maybe you should buy another... she agreed ;D

Sal

Same here Sal. I use one in my parts washer.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA

Long Enuff

Love that pick set from General!  The off set one in your photo is the one i use most often also.

bluefish69

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 22, 2018, 10:08:32 PM

Sal

Sal

What did you use for the Sunday Macaroni Dinner??

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

just throw them into the dishwasher.  they'll be fine!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Wouldn't dare...I respect my wife's stuff and space to much.

(i.e. I'm a coward when faced with her justifiable anger)
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Brewcrafter

FYI, stick to pipe cleaners or Q-Tips to ream out/swab passages.  I have learned the hard way that no matter how effective an eyebrow brush is for the job, it is NOT acceptable...

FishDad

Thanks everyone.....Mr. Alan, those were my exact words to my wife. I still had to go to the store for a new set.  ;D

Dennis

FishDad

Brewcrafter.......shhhhhhhhh !! Don't let the word get out that those brushes are perfect, after all, most of the grease I clean out of places is black, so what you don't know, won't hurt you......right?  ;)

Dennis

Dominick

Quote from: Gman_WC on April 22, 2018, 11:01:29 PM
This has worked well for me. Need to screen the bucket out very year or so.
-gary
https://www.amazon.com/Berryman-Products-996-Chem-Dip-Carburetor/dp/B00DSMEL2A

Hey Gman does that stuff smell like the old parts cleaners?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.