Is this really a Squidder 146 Junior?

Started by festus, April 24, 2018, 06:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

I've been seeing this reel on the big auction site for some time now.  It's listed as a 146, but seems too wide for that.  Do you suppose maybe it's a 140 or 145 with a 146 head plate?  ???

MarkT

Yes.  Looks like a 140 with a 146 plate.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

festus

Thanks Mark, I thought it was too wide to even be a 145 also.

Gotta watch ebay, I've seen lots more phonies on there.  Not sure if the seller knows he's got an inaccurate description, but he has seven more Penns for sale.   ::)

Gfish

Yeah, I saw that'un. Agree with Mark. Probably a 146 head-plate and seller don't know the difference, otherwise he'd a given you a diffrent camera angle.
Festus, are you gonna(or are you already)compete with me for a desirible 146? Shouldn't be hard,  I simply bid my max and then don't raise it and almost always lose...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

festus

Just checking prices, Gfish.  :)  And I knew this guy had that reel priced too low and thought something fishy was going on.  Gotta 145 I've had a couple weeks that came with a package of 4 or 5 other Penns on the cheap from Florida.  It has a chrome/brass spool.  I've been reluctant to put any line on it yet till I can find a lighter spool.  Also got a 140 on the way, should be here tomorrow.  They say the Squidder 140 is a better caster than the Surfmaster 200 or the Beachmaster 155, if so, I'm going to like it. I have Abus that would probably outcast all my Penns but lately have been really liking the conventionals.

Catching Nemo

If you zoom into the photo of that reel in the eBay posting, it has "30-200" stamped on the bottom of the reel stand. The 140 (and other reels) use the 30-200.

The 146 uses the narrower 30-49 reel stand