I'm selling rod guide wrappers...

Started by The Fishing Hobby, April 24, 2018, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fishing Hobby

If this isn't allowed I apologise and please feel free to delete this post, no hard feelings on my end. I am making these and selling them on eBay...I thought some of y'all may be interested. I made a lengthy YouTube video that pretty much covers everything. There is an index with links in the YouTube video description if you want to skip around to the different topics covered. If anyone has any questions please let me know!
Here is the eBay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142777828781

xjchad

I know nothing about wrapping rod guides, but that looks like a really neat setup!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

bhale1

The Fishing Hobby,
The timing here is ironic😁....I've watched YouTube vids of your design process, from crutches and cutting boards , to this.... Was going to send you a PM, and ask if you were " the YouTube Fishing Hobby " guy....but now I know😁.....still trying to decide if I want to jump into another rabbit hole of rod rebuilding.....but if I do, I plan to keep it simple, and like your stuff!!!
Best of luck!
Brett

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: xjchad on April 25, 2018, 02:40:25 AM
I know nothing about wrapping rod guides, but that looks like a really neat setup!
Thank you!

The Fishing Hobby

Quote from: bhale1 on April 25, 2018, 02:55:40 AM
The Fishing Hobby,
The timing here is ironic😁....I've watched YouTube vids of your design process, from crutches and cutting boards , to this.... Was going to send you a PM, and ask if you were " the YouTube Fishing Hobby " guy....but now I know😁.....still trying to decide if I want to jump into another rabbit hole of rod rebuilding.....but if I do, I plan to keep it simple, and like your stuff!!!
Best of luck!
Brett
Hey thanks! I really enjoy it. It is relaxing work to me. I plan on doing more videos geared towards people who aren't looking to do production work.

alantani

this is the type of product we like to see posted!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

and if the BOSS says its OK, well...you know.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

The Fishing Hobby

Haha, thanks guys! I'm putting together some more videos about rod building basics for the hobby guys (not necessarily the professional rod builders). It takes me quite a while to put together a video, so they will be coming out as I complete them. If anyone has any questions and doesn't have a YouTube account to leave a comment there, please feel free to ask here!

The Fishing Hobby

Here is a video I uploaded that shows how to do a basic guide wrap, applying a CP and finish/drying technique.

The Fishing Hobby

I have sold these a little quicker than I thought I would. I'm not complaining  ;D
I don't know if anyone here has bought one or not. If so, I would love to hear some more feedback on them. Everything I have heard has been positive but I'm always looking for more feedback and unfortunately eBay places both time limits how much contact you have with fellow members.
Just though I would check. I've sold several to people in Indiana...I guess rod building in a popular thing there!

Reel 224

Rod machines are the most popular rod building machines for most of us. I personally have an Alps machine. I would move up to a Renzetti, because of the stile of the shuttle and thread carrier. That being said, the expense of that machine makes me hesitate. If you could make a shuttle with the design you have with the four spools to fit the alps I think that would be a saleable item for those of us that already have the Alps machines.

Joe       
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

The Fishing Hobby

I would consider taking on a project like that. I would need some input about sizes and things of that nature. Would you be interested in some communication with me about that sort of project? If so, my email address is: thefishinghobby@gmail.com

If anyone else would like to have any input about this subject, please let me know. If people are interested, I will see what I can come up with.

I'm good at making things and I enjoy making items of good quality that will hold up well. My hand wrappers do a nice job and I took some inspiration from a lot of other designs and came up with something just a little different made out of good quality materials and it still is affordable for most. I don't see any reason why I couldn't do something similar with a thread carriage.

You guys let me know

Reel 224

Of course I will, I'LL take pictures and measurements of the cartage and explain to you what I'm looking for. Thanks for this offer.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

The Fishing Hobby

No problem. Maybe we can figure something out that others would be interested in as well.

Reel 224