Newell 113H What?

Started by Army_of_One, April 26, 2018, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army_of_One

I made it to Keith's house yesterday.  He had a gorgeous 12/0 that had a chromed spool in the aluminum spool shape(the shoulders of the spool were sharp instead of rounded).  It was amazing and stuck with me.  Today I was in one of the local pawn shops and I noticed a 113H with a rounded shoulder aluminum spool.  It had side accessible drags and an "torpedo" style knob.  I paid the man and opened it up as soon as I got home.  Turns out it was a Newell spool.  I was excited of course, but I flipped it over and found a strange clicker star.  What era did Mr. Newell use a hex star?  I have a few other Newells and none have this star.  I'm hoping it wasn't modified, but you never know.  It did have the Penn steel gears and asbestos drags, but everything that wasn't in grease was super shiny, including the drag washers.
Another day in Paradise!

steelfish

I dont know the reason of the hex clicker star but I bet it should make a singular sound when the fish is on  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Baja Guy

Army_of_One

Quote from: steelfish on April 26, 2018, 07:35:19 PM
I dont know the reason of the hex clicker star but I bet it should make a singular sound when the fish is on  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The only thing I can compare it to is single dog click vs double dog click.  The hex being the more delayed one.
Another day in Paradise!

Swami805

Not a lot of them but not really uncommon. I don't think you'll notice any difference. They work fine
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

I've ran across those Hex Clickers in Jigmasters. They still work.
I have two of those 12/0's. Not really rare, but unique.

Life is Good!

Army_of_One

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 27, 2018, 04:01:04 AM
I've ran across those Hex Clickers in Jigmasters. They still work.
I have two of those 12/0's. Not really rare, but unique.

:P Those are gorgeous!  I like the oddities like that.  Most people would never even notice.
Another day in Paradise!