Custom Paint 270

Started by oldmanjoe, April 28, 2018, 02:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

After cherry picking parts from  8 reels ,I strip the remaining paint from this reel .
  I had to try a paint that i never used before ,   Dupli.color metalcast anodized coating .

I lightly buffed the castings than sprayed them .   It looks like a candy coat  after 3 coats.
   I think i will spay a clear coat .that should make it really pop.

The bail is hand painted with testors gold .  I would like to find the gold metalcast and try it on the chrome parts .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

handyandy

I'm sure a lot might not care for repaints here, but looks sharp I think. I have some I might repaint as the original paint is so far gone I won't feel bad about repainting them.

oldmanjoe

:)     My feeling is if you are going to maintain a reel , a little paint is needed from time to time .

As a fisherman i drag my personally into my gear , colored rods with fancy string  , some wood  decorations ,feathers ,ect...
   A reel with a little bling will get used more often than a plane Jane .     Besides that poor trout was asking for it .....      joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Dominick

Fine job Joe.  How did you put the fish on the side?  Where did you get it?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Chuck750ss

Very slick! As to blinging an old reel.... I purchased a Daiwa 8600 awhile back. Outside totally looked like you know what. Fortunately the inside was packed with grease and was perfect. Reel is to be used as a working reel. So I cleaned and sanded and sanded some more. Painted it metallic blue and silver. Looks pretty sharp.
To make a long story short, I don't have a problem taking a total beater and blinging it. Some will not. And I respect their opinions.

oc1

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Dominick on May 04, 2018, 12:44:38 AM
Fine job Joe.  How did you put the fish on the side?  Where did you get it?  Dominick
It`s too easy the trout is imprinted in the side plates .      I color them in with Testors model paint

Quote from: Chuck750ss on May 04, 2018, 01:49:04 AM
Very slick! As to blinging an old reel.... I purchased a Daiwa 8600 awhile back. Outside totally looked like you know what. Fortunately the inside was packed with grease and was perfect. Reel is to be used as a working reel. So I cleaned and sanded and sanded some more. Painted it metallic blue and silver. Looks pretty sharp.
To make a long story short, I don't have a problem taking a total beater and blinging it. Some will not. And I respect their opinions.
These reels are plentiful , so two or three will highlighted .

Quote from: oc1 on May 04, 2018, 08:06:48 AM
Reply #34 at:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=20043.30
Top that  :)
-steve
I don`t know if i could do that , but i know that my 5 year old Nice can do it .....                           joe

Alto Mare

Good job Joe! Nice to see the 270 in different colors.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

oldmanjoe

Thank you   Sal          I could not find green wrinkle .     Then that metalcast cough my eye . 

Swami805

Very nice paint job, the fish looks great. The green crinkle paint is overrated anyway
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Wow, the trout really looks like a trout now. Where to get the paint "Dupli.color Metalcast anodized coating".
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Gfish on May 04, 2018, 02:45:52 PM
Wow, the trout really looks like a trout now. Where to get the paint "Dupli.color Metalcast anodized coating".
Auto parts store or  Amazom.

oldmanjoe

Double trouble   ::)

oldmanjoe

I started going through some reels that were getting a little ruff looking as far as paint .  I am trying different colors to help keep track of them , too many black reel all looking the same .

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.