Started by Scattergun2570, April 29, 2018, 06:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

Quote from: Bohdisattva on July 23, 2019, 03:41:49 AM
This is my go to degreaser: Perfect Solution

(kinda old video, but you get the idea)

Website: https://rotundacleaning.com/rotunda_store/perfect-solution/

Hope this helps  ;D

I've been trying to find that stuff for a bit now, seems none of the hardware stores carry it any longer.  Interestingly, Rotunda Cleaning is across town from me.  Maybe I can call them and schedule a pickup.  I'd spend a lot less in gas driving 30 minutes across town than I would paying for shipping.

SteveL

I searched for places that sell this stuff just now.  Everywhere that sold it (except Rotunda) says it  is unavailable, out of stock or not being carried anymore.  One forum where they were discussing it indicated that the pH was highly basic, which kind of leads back to my post about cleaning solutions. 

I mentioned using ammonia with Dawn dish washing liquid to clean greasy stainless pans and smoker grill grates.  Cuts grease like crazy, but I don't leave it on my chromed grill grates for very long.  Before trying ammonia, I sprayed oven cleaner on the grill grates, and again it worked but was a smelly caustic way to remove the grease.  I suspect that the high pH in oven cleaner and to a lesser extent in ammonia is what is cutting the grease so well.

I personally wouldn't try or recommend ammonia for cleaning reel parts.  If perfect solution were readily available I might give it a try, though very cautiously if the pH is indeed very high.