Kilauea getting very active on the Big Island

Started by ReelFishingProblems, May 04, 2018, 09:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Devastating and fascinating at the same time.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wailua boy

Still pumping and has been clocking some of the highest flow rates coming from Hawai'i in recent times. Take a look.

oc1

Caranx

Thanks form bringing up this post. I've been looking for this vid for quite awhile. 🤙🏼

Makule

The eruption has stopped but there is still steam emanating from lots of cracks in the area.  The coastline has been changed with lots of new sand and (interestingly) lots of good fishing.  Certainly, the coastline will continue to change with the wave action.
Onshore, some people have been able to go back to their properties, while others either have no access or the property has been covered by so much a'a lava as to be essentially unusable until it is graded flat.  Several have decided to leave, knowing it's only a matter of time when the next eruption will occur.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

ReelFishingProblems

Thanks for the update.
Hope all your friends and family are okay in the aftermath

Gfish

Interesting. Good post eruption-fishing on the Big Island. More nutriants added to the food web via the eruption?
Here on the Garden Island, we get alota nutriants washin in when it rains. Lotsa rain the last 2 days, but I think the wind's gonna wreck the weekend fishing.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!