Rod building parts

Started by Swami805, May 05, 2018, 02:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Just a tip,if you build your own rods check out schneidersrods.com. The top line on the list is "hot Specials" Kind of random stuff but lots of reel seats, butt caps,some gudebrod thread, lots of blanks, . I just made the mistake of going on there and buying a bunch of stuff. The prices are crazy low. I've bought stuff from them several times, never a problem with an order.
I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, just passing along some really good pricing.
They carry all kinds of of rod building components too on the rest of the site
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Swami805

If you like cork handles they have 5" straight pieces for 75 cents. The I.D is big but it's easier to build up the blank than ream cork. No need to clamp either. It's not the top grade cork but a little water based wood filler in the small voids and sand to shape. I've been using it for several years and it works great.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rivverrat

droppedit

Sheridan,  Do you know if they do wholesale? I didn't see any info for that.  Oooops, I need to open my eyes wider.

Dave

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Bill B

You guys are killing me  :P. Saving to buy a house and you keep making me want to spend money  ;).  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Rivverrat

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on May 06, 2018, 10:47:35 PM
You guys are killing me  :P. Saving to buy a house and you keep making me want to spend money  ;).  Bill

Well unless this house you buy is close to the water it does no good for for fishing.