The last until the Fall

Started by STRIPER LOU, May 05, 2018, 03:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

These are orders from several months ago and the last until this fall.

The tiger color was first done for Bill and really looks nice on a black or gold reel. The black Accurate plated knob was done on a fairly acute angle. It was a request for a customer and I decided to try one for myself.

The front knob which is not mounted is Dave H's. It was made for his Accurate Magnum and the knob and tube were made larger for that specific reel. Attachment screws are magnum sized too!

The blue and multi color pearl was built for Doso from the sunny Island of Hawaii. The blue was a shop mix and came out extraordinary. I was glad I kept a few pieces for myself.
When mixed correctly, it takes on a look of flames. In addition, the color combinations were predominate in the center of the blank. Perfect!

The blue are on Cortez plates and the tri color pearl is shown using red jiggy plates also from Mr. H!
Do's request was to show as much pink as possible on the tri color, as this was to be his lady's and go on a pink Newell. Although difficult to see in the pic, I was able to orient the blank and give him exactly what he wanted.

OK, time to work on the boat!  All have a great day,  ..  Lou

mo65

Love that Tiger...rocks the black and gold! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Lou,  your creativity amazes me.   Where do you find the time?   Very good work.   I have to gasp for air after every view. ;)
       Amazing.

Reel 224

Lou: Beautiful work, have a great summer.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Maxed Out

......Lou, you are a talented machinist and artist all rolled up in one. I never get tired of peeking at your creations. The Mono Lisa has nothing on you  ;)

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

Love the blue but they all are jaw dropping.  Hope you have great season Lou
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broadway

Lou, I know I say it all the time but man, you simply amaze me.  Love how your handles and other innovative pieces spice up a reel and really make a custom reel like finished.
That blue flame is a showstopper as so many of your handles are.
Enjoy your season and save some of those big stripers for we NY'ers.
All the best
Dom

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Lou, those blue knobs are the prettiest thing that I have ever seen on a reel!

Rothmar2

Stunning and inspiring! Have a great fishing season!

bill19803

that  blue  is  fantastic,  but i   wont  trade  my  tiger  for  it.  ya  just   continue  to  amaze   with  ability  to   continue  to produce  superb  ideas   precisely    executed. Hoping  the   16s   with  tiger  will  get a  work out  this  coming  week.  Report to  follow

Swami805

So is there I sign up list for next fall?  If so chalk me up for 2. Can't get over the blue
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh that's gonna look good on a black 4/0 Magnum.
Thanks Lou can't wait to get it.

Alto Mare

Lou, all look good but that black and gold is out of this world.
Great job...I love it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

I have to dig my 4/0 Magnum out so it's ready when The tiger handle arrives!

Doso2222

WOW! Amazing work as usual Lou. My lady and I loved your work and we are so blessed to own a few priceless pieces. Thank you so much!

Do