Penn 113 H

Started by SoCalAngler, May 06, 2018, 01:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Are the 113H's truly 4:1 or more like 3.25:1?

The reason I ask is because I have a Progear YTS that I just swapped in a steel gear set I had around here. I thought the steel set was from a 113H but after the swap both main and pinion it seems like the reel has about a 3.25:1 ratio now. Silly me as I didn't check if the stock gears were a true 4:1 before changing them.

I would always swap them back and check but I thought it may be easier to ask here first.

I have a Baja Special that has 4.25:1 and it is right on the money when I checked that reel.

swill88

If my memory serves me well I think I have a set of Accurate 4:1 113H gears I bought from Randy.

Steve

vilters

stock (bronze) gears from 454/545 are 4:1

thorhammer

4:1 is likely aftermarket. I have the Accurate SS set in what was my first hotrod, which I had no idea it was called that then. I just thought high speed in SS with a big power handle sounded like a great idea for getting grouper away from their holes.

Benni3

I got some from Scott's bait and tackle,,,,big difference,,works great,, ;D

SoCalAngler

Quote from: vilters on May 10, 2018, 02:58:08 AM
stock (bronze) gears from 454/545 are 4:1

Yeah I thought the stock YTS gears were 4:1 and that is what it says on the ProGear box.

Anyway this reel will be used for 50 lb bait and not yoyo iron, so maybe having a little more power with the 3.25 vs the 4:1 is not a bad thing.