Shimano Curado 200DHSV - standard servicing

Started by redsetta, July 30, 2011, 08:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaguon

Thank you for this tutorial. Just going through a 200DHSV I picked up and found out that its previous owner upgraded her with Carbontex drags, but the wrong size. Placed my first order for the correct size from Dawn  ;D

kaveman

Have just put some new carbontex washers in my mates 200DHSV and when putting back together, i can seem to keep the level wind to stay in its right place :-[, is there some sort of lock that stops it moving back and forth? One side has a washer and c clip, the other side has a plastic type clip and a plastic gearing that sits inside it. It looks and works well until you tip reel on its side and then the level wind falls out from the plastic gearing side
Can you help?
Cheers
Kevin

Zimbass

You need to have the level wind worm shaft fitted to the plastic idle gear, so that it does not fall out.

On the one side of the gear are 2 slots that the shaft fits through. You then turn the shaft 90 degrees and re-seat on the side of the gear that has 4 slots. The whole process is cumbersome, but easy when you know how.   ;D
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

kaveman

Scrappy jr.

Alan do you have anymore of the Torium 30 anti reverse pawl and springs available?

alantani

yes, but i can't find them.  got a pack with a couple dozen pawls and springs somewhere.   >:(
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Bryan Young

Quote from: Scrappy jr. on April 02, 2013, 11:31:30 PM
Alan do you have anymore of the Torium 30 anti reverse pawl and springs available?
Hi Scrappy Jr.,

I've got some (from Alan).  PM me your address and I'll get them out to you.  I'll send you Alan's address to send him a check for the Pawl and spring.  I cannot recall, does that reel have two or one?

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Thanks Saltydog - appreciate the feedback.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

GeorgeN

Justin, another great learning tool for a novice like myself...............thanks so much.  I just converted a 200DHSV that I have to a 7:1 and got through it just fine, but now I have a great guide for a complete service.  As I said with the Daiwa Megaforce your did for us, you are among the main guys that got me to join as a member and this is just another example of you great contribution...........George San Diego, CA

redsetta

Thanks George - glad to be of service ;) ;D
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

PuddlePirate

Thanks for the tutorial Redsetta!

This place ROCKS!

DavidH

I'm in need of the spool assembly for one of these reels.  The spool shaft on mine was extremely scratched up and wore down.  Shimano didn't have any last I checked and I haven't found any elsewhere.  Any thoughts or if a normal Curado spool assy would work?