Fin Nor part dilemma

Started by exp2000, May 08, 2018, 02:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

For nearly two months, I have been trying to order a crank shaft for a Fin Nor MA12.

After five shipments trying to adapt wrong parts sent, I have finally given up.

Anglers Central Australia insist that they have sent me the correct part till I sent them a photo.

I am ordering by part number but they would have me believe that parts can be upgraded for a reel and apparently retain the same part number.

I cannot accept this. How can two different parts bear the same number? Chaos would ensue.

Has anyone ever heard if such a thing? Are there any Fin Nor experts here that can shed any light on this?
~

benzeenees

I have the same problem with a marquesa 16. But the part numbers are not the same. Mine is BF008-02, the one sent (as listed on the website) is BF008-01 - I didn't notice the change of part number - just ordred part 46 from the schematic. The handle end is different. Perhaps the handle has been redesigned and I also need to buy a new handle? cheaper than a new reel.

oc1

I don't know the reel.  Was it made before the Zebco/Bradley Holdings take-over in 2005?
-steve

benzeenees

Couldn't get the original part so I bought the handle for the supplied crankshaft. My supplier only charged me half price which was great. Everything fitted perfectly and the reel appears to be like new. But I need to test it.

The date on the box the reel came in is 2009.

Porthos

Quote from: benzeenees on July 18, 2019, 11:03:48 AM
Couldn't get the original part so I bought the handle for the supplied crankshaft...

Is the handle part number BF318-01?

https://www.tackleservice.com/Consumer/product_detail_m.aspx?ProductID=4522

alantani

so, we've got a guy (well, actually a gal!) that works at zebco.  i've contacted her twice and both times she has come up with obscure parts.  zebco really is a great company!!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

barkley1956

Quote from: alantani on July 20, 2019, 11:53:52 PM
so, we've got a guy (well, actually a gal!) that works at zebco.  i've contacted her twice and both times she has come up with obscure parts.  zebco really is a great company!!!!!!!!

Alan, is this still true?

Wolli

Think the parts service hasn't gotten any better these days.
Zebco is out of biz. Fin-Nor has been taken over by Pure Fishing....
I sold my Fin-Nor 9500 spinner...

https://about.purefishing.com/our-brands/
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)