Custom Cortez Kits

Started by Maxed Out, May 08, 2018, 07:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

About 2 years ago I had this dumb brainstorm to do some super custom reels. It's been work in progress ever since. Thanks to Tom H for allowing me to buy a few sets or raw 113H sideplates. Then I got lucky and found a few yts spools that I could anodize to match. The final component was the matching handle assembly. With all parts in hand, off to the plater they went, along with a batch of parts for red and black. When parts came back I soon discovered the plater had somehow taken 12 pieces from the pewter batch and put them into red. Needless to say I wasn't happy. I had to send another small batch to replace those parts. it was a very expensive screwup and now I only send one color at a time which really slows things down.

....anyways, enough of my carry on sentence. I made parts for 4 complete yts Cortez reels. I'm keeping 1 and I'll offer the others to forum members.

The kit is a set of cortez sideplates w/hardware, a yts Ohana frame kit with 1 top bar included, also a matching shift lever, a complete handle assembly with "no button" camo knob, and a matching spool. The pewter is a tough color to have come out perfect. There are a few very tiny blems, but are under the anodize. I will supply clamp hardware but no clamp. I set these up to use graphite 113 penn clamp. Just add donor reel and build a dream reel. A one time opportunity that will not likely happen again until someone as crazy as me comes along, and that isn't likely. I broke the mold so I can't be copied. LOL

Adding everything up cost wise I will never recover my costs on these builds. Pushing $400 each is my estimated cost.....But I'm not going there. I'll let these 3 kits go for $300 each plus shipping.

Here are the parts and a peek at the reel I built with parts from the same batch

pm if interested..............Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Beautiful Ted!  If you added up the time that you have put into developing these components, you would have to add a zero to your prices to break even!  Thanks for all of your work to create those amazing reels.

mo65

The color is SO rich on those components Ted...just amazing! Some lucky buyers are going to have a very special reel. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Those are incredible Ted. WOW
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Thanks guys.

This color seems to change depending on lighting....

.......light grey, light blue, blueish grey, dark grey, or can even look black in low lighting

broadway

I just finished telling you I don't need any more builds and then you go ahead and post this?!
Man, if there's one left on friday when I look at this thread again I may have to just pull the trigger.... I ain't gonna see this color again I'm certain!
Thanks for the steal of a deal given to the Ohana, Ted
Dom

STRIPER LOU

Nice! A very limited edition series. Great looking reel!

Always raising the bar Ted. Its the only way to fly. Excellent work as usual.

.................Lou

bhale1

Ted,
your killin me man! Im trying really hard to not break my self imposed 2 month buying freeze, after a losing fight with the IRS at tax time!!!!!!!
This really isnt helping ;D ;D ;D
Brett

fordfox

Ted-I'll take one, just sent you a PM

Maxed Out

2 kits sold,....and only 1 remaining

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Maxed Out

I still have 1 last pewter yts kit available. This is 1 of 4 made as100% pewter color, including the tiburon yts spool

$25 off thru this weekend.....$275+$10 priority shipping

Ted