Second Black Walnut Tackle Box for Colorado

Started by mmayo, April 10, 2018, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oldmanjoe

Quote from: mmayo on April 14, 2018, 03:38:49 AM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on April 12, 2018, 12:04:30 AM
  I would like to know were you get your hardware  from ?

The SS piano hinge is from Amazon as are the stainless tubes.  The eye bolts, t nuts, and various screws is from Albany Fasteners.  The hasps and eye straps are from EBay.  The hasps are called spring hasps and take a while to arrive from China, but very nice if installed well.  Best of luck!
The hasps is what i have been looking for .    Thank you for the info .      Joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

mmayo

Thanks.  Buying wood for this box involved picking through 70 - 12' long boards to find the right main piece.  Yes, I carefully restacked all the wood too.  So with one board to make the top, bottom, front and two sides thinking was needed.  The back needed to be a second board.  The handles and rocket launchers also were from that first main board.

I was happy about my choices and I very much appreciate your positive comments.  I am currently making a walnut "Jon" box for a guy who already has one of my large boxes.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.