Main Menu

New guy

Started by Leerie18, May 11, 2018, 07:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leerie18

Hello everybody, I have recently been accepted as a member.
This site has been a wonderful resource for my reel upgrading and maintenance requirements. I really appreciate the tone and spirit in which contributions are made, leading me to also want to contribute, if at all possible. I am based in Cape Town.
I just love land-based game fishing, and consider myself to be hopelessly addicted. This type of angling is hard on reels (and the body!). Currently, I use conventional Shimano multipliers (15-30, 20-40, SMIV) with .52mm mono, and will be experimenting with the Tranx 500HG and 50lbs braid in the spring. Tight lines!
LBG addict!

ReelFishingProblems

Welcome to the family

Nick
Florida

Tiddlerbasher

Hi - welcome from the UK - Chris.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

foakes

Welcome aboard!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

handi2

Welcome and enjoy!

Keith from Florida
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Benni3

Welcome from Salem Virginia  ;D

happyhooker

Best regards & welcome from Minnesota USA.

Frank

Alto Mare

Eelcome Leerie... enjoy your stay!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

theswimmer

Welcome from the Sierra Nevada!

Best ,
Jonathan

Gone Fishing , right now!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Gobi King

Welcome from sunny west michigan!

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

AC49

Welcome Leerie from another Capetonian  :o