alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Incredible tuna fishing on a mothership at Panama Sport Fishing Lodge
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 24, 2018, 06:02:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Incredible tuna fishing on a mothership at Panama Sport Fishing Lodge  (Read 729 times)
Leerie18

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 09:52:25 PM »

The pic of Mel doubled over the gunnel made my back ache! In the trophy pic, it looks like pure euphoric relief on his face with the beauty finally on deck!
Epic, thanks for sharing.

LBG addict!
ksong
Webmaster

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »

The pic of Mel doubled over the gunnel made my back ache! In the trophy pic, it looks like pure euphoric relief on his face with the beauty finally on deck!
Epic, thanks for sharing.

Mel swear he will bring a bucket harness next year. All sizes of tuna are mixed in the same area. You catch 20 lb tuna and you catch 200 lb tuna next.
MarkT

Mission Viejo, CA, USA

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:58 AM »

If Mel can land a grander BFT in PEI he be able to easily land a 200#er in Panama.

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!
ksong
Webmaster

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »

If Mel can land a grander BFT in PEI he be able to easily land a 200#er in Panama.

Wearing bucket harness, using big reel with lower gear and stiffness of  a rod make difference.
He used upto 38 lb drag for light Black Hole Cape Cod 250g rod and JM Pe10 reel to land the 180 lb tuna.
If he wears the bucket harness using heavier rod and bigger reel, he doesn't have any problm to land 200 plus lb cow.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: